I have been doing intense research on this and am finding so many people saying different things.
Here are the facts:
- I am in college and am studying abroad in China from August-December 2014.
- I have a 16GB Verizon iPhone5.
- I want to be able to call and text back to US.
- A data plan of some sort would be nice (I could sacrifice the data if need be!)
- Verizon tells me it will be better for me to buy a sim card in China.
What exactly I want to know:
- Are there different types of prepaid sim cards? (# of minutes/texts/data?)
- With a Chinese sim card will I be able to call or text back to the US or only locally in China?
- Do Chinese sim cards have limited life spans? I will be there for about 4.5 months.
- Does anyone have any experience with Wifi in China? Is there a lot of free Wifi spots?
- Does anyone have any experience with buying Chinese sim cards? (Cost/Difficulty)
Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice you can provide me!Edited: 10 February 2014, 21:40