We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 day itinerary for Yunnan/Shanghai, April / May

Beijing, China
1 post
Save Topic
16 day itinerary for Yunnan/Shanghai, April / May

Hello and thanks for reading.

I am a student living in Beijing. My mom is coming and we want to do a loop starting and ending in Beijing. I need help planning the Yunnana/Shanghai part of the trip.

My plan now is:

- fly from Beijing to Yunnan; 10 days in Yunnan

- fly to Shanghai; 6 days in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou

I am accounting for a few days before and after in Beijing not shown on itinerary.

My question is how would you move through Yunnan and onto Shanghai?

What route would you take?

What would you see?

How long in each place?

Fly out of where to Shanghai?

We want to do light hiking, nature, and culture. We're not big on cities, we prefer rustic. That said, we don't want to camp or carry gear, we want to stay in nice cute guesthouses.

Any suggestions?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 16 day itinerary for Yunnan/Shanghai, April / May

Please refer this for your Yunnan trip

www.chinatravel4u.com/classic_detail.aspx…

When you finish your trip in Shangri-La,catch bus back to Lijiang for your flight to Hangzhou,then fast train to Shanghai and Suzhou.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 16 day itinerary for Yunnan/Shanghai, April / May

Yulong snow mountain is a must-to-see in Yunnan and Lijiang is also a great place.

3. Re: 16 day itinerary for Yunnan/Shanghai, April / May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:16