We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

Wirral
11 posts
Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

Has anybody used 5 Star China Holidays for a group visa? We are a group of 3 and they say that is eligible for a group Visa at £80 each. Every other website indicates a group has to be 5 people. I am also a little concerned that they only issue it 1 week before travelling which seems a bit tight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

27 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

I am also looking at their group visa. Anyone used them before ?

berkshire
2 posts
2. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

hi , did you use 5 star for your visa in the end ? hope you don't mind me asking , we are 2 people considering using this service and was just after some feed back if you don't mind

thankyou

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

No don't think we are going to use them in the end. Visited their London serviced offices but visa personnel not available - they do not have an office base and are only contactable by email as phone redirected. I lack confidence in their service

Wirral
11 posts
4. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

No, I didn't use them either but only because I didn't feel comfortable with leaving it so close to departure before receiving it. I have read posts from several people who used them and had no problems so I wouldn't be totally put off using them if you don't mind leaving it until the last minute.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

I am in the process of using them and will post the outcome. At this stage I have sent them various requested documents including photos of every page in each passport all by email. I suspect that their visa staff are actually based in China judging by the times of some of their emails. Generally their responses have been good and just paid them the fee. They tell me the visa will be processed two weeks before departure and I will receive it about one week before.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

Email from 5star today - visa has been prepared and will be with them 3rd October ( suspect coming from China) then in the post to me so will be cutting it fine for departure on 11th October. You need nerves of steel to use 5Star. Hope it lets us into China (there are only two of us on the visa).

Ossett, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

How did it go with getting your group visa? I am eagerly awaiting mine to be delivered to me tomorrow from them, and I fly on Saturday! Yikes...

Oxford
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

Hi,

I am also considering using their services.

Did everything worked okay with your visas?

I'm obviously a bit concerned regarding getting the visa only 1 week before departure.

It would be great to know if everything worked out for you in the end

Thanks

1 post
9. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

I would suggest to use visa specilist companies, some companies use visa as bait to market their travel service. In the end, if you are looking for quality service, it is better to google search for visa only companies. My friend used a group visa service company in Edinburgh. Although he had the same worry, in the end he still gave it a try. Even the paper doesn't arrive on time, he still has sufficient time to apply for his individual visa. the visa paper arrived 5 days before expected date. He has now returned to the UK and suggested the service to me. I will definitely give it a try.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays

Just back from China and group visa (for two people) worked fine. You need a colour copy of it to hand to Chinese Immigration. Each hotel you check into will also need to see it and take a copy. See previous posts for the process or any questions contact me throght my account.

Reply to: Group Visa for China through 5 Star China Holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted