We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

april/may weather

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
april/may weather

we will be doing a tour of china in late april and first week of may. we are wondering how the weather will be. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Chicago IL
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: april/may weather

Hi there! I'm from IL too!! I plan on going near the end of May. I saw this link... hope it will be helpful... paulnoll.com/China/…weather-Beijing.html

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: april/may weather

http://www.wunderground.com/global/CI.html

weather.msn.com/region.aspx…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: april/may weather

I went last year at exactly the same time. At first it was a bit cool in the mornings and evenings but only needed a light jumper or jacket. We mostly wore T'shirts and shorts but as l feel the cold l would wear a jumper or cardigan int he mornings and then would be fine during the day.

Hope it helps.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
612 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: april/may weather

Is a jumper a sweater?

I think the Latitude of Beijing is similar to IL and PA. For us, April can be 40 degrees or 70 degrees. We're going the first week in April and this will be an interesting trip to pack for. My daughter said it was around 80 degrees in Shenzhen last week! We're going from HK/Shenzhen to Yangshuo to Xi'an to Beijing so I think we're going to hit all kinds of weather! Can you say layer up?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: april/may weather

Yes, layering is your best modus operandi.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: april/may weather

Yes a jumper is a sweater and layering is the best option, we bought light weight thermal shirts in case! But we only used them a couple of times and that was to sleep in, but most hotels,hostels and even the trains have heat. We did pack a pair of jeans but towards the end of our trip we did'nt use them, singlets are always good options for layering.

colombo
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: april/may weather

I'm coming with my family to beijing during 4th and 12th of April 2009. I would like to know hoe the weather will be? Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: april/may weather

No one has weather forecasts that far into the future. Look on http://weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0008&q=Beijing%2c+CHN+forecast:averagesd&weai=4 for historical weather data for Beijing in April.

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: april/may weather

Hi

Coming with family Beijing April 6-11, Xi'an April 12-15, and Shanghai April 16 -19, so I guess we will have to have a little of everything tooo. Any suggestions?? Any suggestions as what to do, see and more. Would love to go a little of track.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: april/may weather

Danskeren, your questions are too general and could easily be answered by browsing through some guidebooks, either online or in print. If you want more specific suggestions, it would've been wise to give more details about yourselves.