We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour companies

Atlanta
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour companies

I am planning a trip in July to cover Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai for 9 days and am amazed at the difference in offerings from private tour companies. I have quotes starting at $4000 for 2 people for the full trip up to $20k from TCS Worldwide. I now have quotes from A&K, Wild China and Kensington. I have been reading quite a few not so great reviews on A&K who used to be the gold standard. Does anyone have experience with private tour company you can recommend?

3 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,320 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour companies

Make sure to understand what is included. Also make sure that there is no time wasted on shopping or so-called factory visits.

$20K is definitely over the top.

Guilin
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Yangshuo County, Longsheng County
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour companies

Very expensive but not sure the service is very good! Lots of choice and you can find some companies recommended here https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29421…

Port Orchard...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tour companies

My daughter and I booked a private tour guide and driver through China Tavel Guide for our recent trip to Beijing and Guiilin. We absolutely loved them and would highly recommend this company. They were super helpful and very accommodating, even when I had to change some dates at the last minute. Excellent service. Friendly and professional.

Reply to: Private tour companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted