We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland, Oregon, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

online hotels show max of 2 in a room. Do we need to book 3 rooms and try to cover?

Antipolo City...
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

No need for 3 rooms. Just book 2 and get an extra bed for the fifth person. Rooms can usually fit up to 3 people.

Beijing
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

You can try some homestay service if you like. It's cheaper and comfortable.

You can send me a message if you have any interest in it.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

I agree,service apartment will be better

Another choise is book the hotel have the family suit,the one i know the golden palace siver street hotel,hotel not very fancy and good,but they have family suit,which have two seperate rooms,i think can fit all of you in

4. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2008, 04:43
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
604 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

I have had the same problems our family with one teen and one twenty-something. If you are into trying alternative places, you might look at Bed and Breakfasts and Hostels in China. It took me a while to realize that on this (tripadvisor) website on the housing & accomodations tab there are choices for Hotels, B&B's and Specialty housing.

If you go to Yangshuo housing you'll see that the Yangshuo Moutain retreat is #1 for hotels, Yangshuo Culture House is #1 for B&B's and Inns and Xi Jie is #1 for Specialty housing. The Culture house has rooms with double beds and bathrooms en suite as well as rooms with twin beds and bathrooms en suite and some dorm rooms as well with shared bathrooms. After reading reviews and blogs of this place I realized it would be perfect for our family - cheap enough that we could rent a couple of rooms and family owned so we would feel safe. I also like that it's within walking distance of town so we can wander a bit.

In Beijing we're going to stay at the Beijing Courtyard Hutong B&B which has room for three. If our daughter was going to join us (She's living in China and will not be with us for our whole trip), I would have felt comfortable renting another room for her. With your large group and the low prices here, you could easily rent three rooms for the price of two at a big box hotel.

The plus of staying at smaller places with a large family in China is that you can feel safe and afford better rooms.

Ashland, Oregon, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

Very helpful... Thanks

7. Re: traveling with 3 teenagers-trouble finding room/rooms for 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 00:18