We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

Japan
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

Plan to travel to Beijing and decided to go to Badaling to see Great wall but have some confusion..

I see lots of talk to take conducted tour to Badaling, don't we have some local bus to travel from Beijing city to Badaling??

Can we go and enjoy the Great wall at Badaling without a local guide or seeing some tea ceremony by conducted tour??

I would like to go there early morning and wish to come back in few hour so that I can spend my rest of the day for other things.

Any advice for family of four?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

I prefer to visit one of the less crowded parts of the Wall than Badaling, but you certainly can go there on your own, and there are buses.

4AG
Japan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

interesting....I am also trying to find out answers to similar question about Greatwall....any one with good answer?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

One of the 919 buses apparently does this route, but I don't know which is the "correct" one.

If you've 4 people it might be worthwhile just getting your own vehicle and driver there and back. More convenient and time-flexible.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

You take bus 919 at De Sheng Men to the wall. 1st you take any subway to Ji Shui Tan. After getting off you head towards east 500meter and see a grey building call De Sheng Men. There are at least 10 different 919 taking you to Changping district and many tour buses. You keep going because only one take you to Badaling. The one for Badaling stops at east side of the grey building. confirm after you get on the bus.

The first bus leaves at early as 6:30 AM

5. Re: Why Badaling with Tour/Guide ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 20:17