We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing Hotel Question

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing Hotel Question

My wife, two small children (5 & 3) & mother-in-law are travelling to China & Hong Kong in November. After researching the hotels, it seems that almost all have a three person maximum per room, even when the rooms are over 300sf. Does anyone know if this is a hard and fast rule? Should I book and not worry about it? I don't want to get more than one room.

Thanks

Marina del...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

I visited Beijing in January, you might check out some hotels that have apartments. I know the Holiday Inn Lido offers some. The Marriott also has 2 bedroom apartment set ups that are completely supplied. It depends where you want to be located. Beijing is HUGE.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

Thanks - but do you know if the hotels enforce the three person per room maximum? It seems a bit unusual that hotel stipulate max 3 people in rooms that are so big...

3. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2008, 17:41
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
612 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

I think that often the rooms have just one double bed or two twins so they really can't accomodate four people. With the one child rule in China, the vast majority of citizens are families with only three people. When I was looking at hotels it sometimes took awhile to find a place that would say it had two double beds.

What I would do if I were you would be to find places that have the beds you need and ask e-mail the hotels telling them the ages of the children ask if they can accomodate your wife and family. I'm sure that some places are more flexible than others.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

Yes, I would agree with the suggestion of serviced apartments.

6. Re: Beijing Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 12:20