We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking inland flights

Baltimore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
booking inland flights

Hi all: We will be traveling in China for about 2 weeks from June 8 to 21. We will land first in Beijing and spend 3 days. Then we need to fly to Shanghai for a conference where we will also spend 3 days. From Shanghai we want to fly to Guilin in order to have 3 days in Yangshuo and then we need to fly from Guilin back to Beijing for our flight back to the States on the following day. So that makes 3 inland flights: Beijing to Shanghai, Shanghai to Guilin, and then Guilin back to Beijing. We have already purchased our US to China flights, but now I am wondering how best to book the inland flights. We have NO flexibility in terms of days, so I assume we should book them from the US per internet rather than trying to do it once we are in China. I also don't want to waste precious time in China trying to figure out flights. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!!

1. Re: booking inland flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2008, 16:50
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,442 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking inland flights

There are MANY MANY flights for these destinations each day. You can get tickets at the last minute without problem, not that I recommend this. Once you arrive in Beijing you can search the net (the above website) write down the flights you want and buy them from your hotel travel bureau or concierge. It will be the same price as what you see on the web.

Best discounts are withing a week of depaerture.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking inland flights

what about during the olypims is it wise to leave booking these flights so late ?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,442 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking inland flights

I think the issue will be more for international flights into Beijing and I believe they will add more flights. But I also suspect there will be less business people flying.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking inland flights

ah cool.

I will frequently check availabilty nearer the time.

The most important one is the Flight from Beijing to either Shenzhen or HK on 23/08 as my flight is on 24/08

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,520 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking inland flights

There are dozens of excellent threads on this subject in this forum. I suggest you search on "internal china flights" to find them. Lots and lots of good advice already posted.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
621 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking inland flights

My experience with the one possible flight that you mentioned, Beijing to Shenzhen, was that the price may not go down much at all. We were in China from April 7-20. We booked flights from Shehzhen to Guilin and from Guilin to Xi'an a couple of weeks before departure but the Beijing- Shenzhen flight price just didn't go down. We waited until just two day before we needed to fly and we were in Beijing and it went down about $10 USD. I was very suprised - I think it cost us $220 USD including tax. etc. Oh, and you have to pay in cash.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking inland flights

toobusytoday , those are exactly the same three flights im considering . Is it ok if i message u sometime ?

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
621 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking inland flights

PM away, but I don't have too many secrets :)

BTW,I loved our flight (NOT the cost) from Beijing to Shenzhen on Shenzhen Airlines. The flight attendants did this little exercise thing and all of us passengers followed along in our seats. Head rolls and arm stretches, etc. It was quite fun. My husband and son thought I was silly for participating but it felt good. Afterwards they did a little dance thing in the aisle to some music.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking inland flights

Do the hotel concierges ever try to charge foreigners a much higher price for plane tickets than Chinese citizens would pay, or do the concierges always charge the same prices as on Elong? I've heard the concierges aren't the best place to buy a plane ticket.