We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Violin and Cello purchase

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alameda
Level Contributor
66 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Violin and Cello purchase

I have heard that they sell some high quality string instruments in China. It is easy to get the low end instruments in the US. Does anyone know of a place in Beijing or Shanghai to get top quality instruments?

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,989 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Violin and Cello purchase

You might try posting your question in chinese-forums.com There are many expatriates on that forum who live in Beijing. I will also ask around for you and try to post something again within a week. I know a few people in Beijing, but none are professional musicians. Also phone up Ifshin in Berkeley. Maybe they have some ideas. Some of their luthiers maybe Chinese and have even better ideas.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Violin and Cello purchase

There's an annual music instrument fair in Shanghai which's usually held sometime in October, and at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) near Longyang Lu metro stop in Pudong.

3. Re: Violin and Cello purchase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 02:19