We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

alameda
Level Contributor
70 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

I read some really bad reviews of this hotel and we are going on chinaspree next month and staying here. Anyone been there recently?

alameda
Level Contributor
70 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

anyone?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

Going May 22 What did Wilson say?

alameda
Level Contributor
70 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

I forwarded him the tripadvisor reviews that are on this site. He said there have not been any complaints from recent tour guests but he would email the hotel the complaints from tripadvisor which I sent him. I would hope the hotel would make changes in order to keep the business of the tour company.

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

My cousin went on a Chinaspree tour last Fall. She did tell me that, once in China, many people in the group told the guide that they had read bad reviews about the hotel in Shanghai, and that the guide called the main office or something and got them moved (this all took place at the beginning of the trip, several days before they were due in Shanhai). Now, the only thing is, I'm not sure if they were originally scheduled for the Bund, and got moved, or if they were talking about some other hotel with bad reviews, and got moved. But, the bottom line is that at least on that trip, they were relocated, even though the tour was already underway. We leave in one week so if anyone finds anything out from Wilson, please let me know. Thanks!

West Palm Beach Fl
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

We are a family of 4 on the June 10, Mighty Yangtze 14 day trip. According to the web site we are now staying at the Shanghai Crowne Plaza not the Bund Riverside. So maybe ChinaSpree got the message.

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

I just checked China spree's website and the 14-day Yangtze trip lists the Crowne as the Shanghai hotel, but all of the other itineraries still list the Bund, so for some reason it's different on that itinerary, but not on any others. I think if people are concerned they should contact China Spree. The more of us that do it, the more of a message it will send.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

I just recevied my documents. Booked at the Crown Plaza not he Bund.

Colorado
Level Contributor
450 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

World traveler, what trip are you going on?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinaspree Bund Riverside Hotel

15 day China and Hong Kong Leaving May 22 until June 5

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts