We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Peking Duck

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
panama city beach...
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best Peking Duck

What is your recommendation for the best Peking Duck in town? We are leaning toward the more budget minded restaurants.

Thanks,

Robert

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best Peking Duck

Dadong and Liqun

south carolina
Level Contributor
163 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Peking Duck

Dadong

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best Peking Duck

Yup, Dadong is good. Here're the Chinese addresses for their 2 outlets, in Dongcheng and Chaoyang districts respectively.

大董烤鸭店(东四店): 东城区东四十条甲22号南新仓国际大厦1-2楼(东四十条桥西南)

大董烤鸭店(团结湖店): 朝阳区团结湖北口3号楼(长虹桥东南)

4. Re: best Peking Duck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2008, 18:54
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best Peking Duck

Dadong....Dadong.....Dadong

Ate there last night and can't express in words how delicious it was. Literally "melt in your mouth"

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best Peking Duck

another vote for dadong

A L
NYC
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best Peking Duck

Wow, I guess that has been decided for me too. Any idea of the cost for dinner for two at Dadong?

Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best Peking Duck

We did a half duck.(perfect for two), a couple of side vegetables and a bottle of wine for under $100usd.

But that all depends on your taste in wine!

enjoy!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best Peking Duck

this sounds like the place for me!! I have heard that there are two Dadong restaurants - does it make a difference which one to go to?

Also - do we need to dress up quite a lot?

Thanks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best Peking Duck

We did the Dadong in Chaoyang and it was a more upscale establishment. No Jacket needed but even with all the heat not a shorts restaurant.