We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide recommendation for Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Guide recommendation for Beijing

I found Catherine Lu, our guide in Beijing, on Trip Advisor and was nervous about what she would be like. She was excellent. I now want to share my experiences with her as I feel she deserves praise. I was never sure whether the posts recommending people on here were genuine so I felt it would be good to write a post.

My wife, 3 month old son and I went to Beijing in Janueary 2008 for 10 days. We arrived in a terrible state having been travelling for 24 hours and our son didn;t know what was going on. We suddenly started regretting our visit to china. The following day after a bit of sleep we met up with Catherine and started to plan our ambitious itinerary.

Catherine was very helpful and explained where would be good for us to go. She arranged a driver and we left her to get some sleep. The next day we started our tour. It quickly transpired that we were over ambitious, especially as our 3 month old hated being in a car and didin;t want to let us sleep, and so started cutting back on things. Catherine was great in helping us re-arrange our tour and eventually finding us sights that could be done on foot instead of a car.

She took worked out how we could eat at certain restaurants our friends had recommended without going out of our way from seeing the sights.

She was very fair with what she charged us and the driver she arranged was also reasonable. Each day she would arrive promptly at the lobby of our hotel.

Apart from her friendliness, helpfullness and knowledge the best thing was her flexibility. We are not easy to satisfy and always change our mind. Catherine did very well looking after us.

If you are looking for a guide in Beijing I can highly recommend Catherine.

catherine_1130@hotmail.com

www.catherine-travelinchina.blogspot.com

www.catherine1130.spaces.live.com/photos

Xi;an, China
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide recommendation for Beijing

Alvin, qing ,jack also nice in Beijing

so many good deals for them

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
173 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide recommendation for Beijing

I want to second the recommenation for Catherine. We used her last Sep/Oct for a couple of days before picking up with our Viking Tour.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide recommendation for Beijing

Thank you for the information on Catherine. Can you tell me approximately what she charges? Do you know if we can book her for a half day tour?

Thank You

4. Re: Guide recommendation for Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 08:21