We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk tourist visa to China

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kettering UK
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Uk tourist visa to China

Hi

My wife and I are going to China for 9 days in October and we need to sort out a single entry tourist visa, where has everyone else used.

Also when we booked the holiday we were quoted about £30 each, the cost seems on websites I have looked at gone upto £100 each, is there a reason for this.

Thanks

SKCI

Cotswolds UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uk tourist visa to China

The best and most up-to-date information is on the Chinese embassy website

chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/…default.htm.

Tighter restrictions apply because of the olympics and the price is higher for a faster turnaround. You ought to be acting soon if your trip is in October. We had to wait nearly 2 weeks for an appointment to get the visa in person in London but paid £50 for a same day visa.

There is also a form for download on the webpage.

Good Luck

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Uk tourist visa to China

Hi

Take a look at www.visaforchina.org.uk for your visa. Not very happy with the service but we had no alternative as we are just outside the catchment area for Manchester. Even though all the paperwork was sent special delivery they told me that they had not received my application.

Northampton
Level Contributor
153 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uk tourist visa to China

Hi

We are in Northampton, just down the road! We are going to be in Beijing at the end of September on the way back from Australia. We got our visas a few weeks ago and they cost £85 each. The cost had gone up from £50 because the Chinese Consulate have a new department that just deals with visa, so they have to fund it I suppose.

We took our passports to an agency in London, who checked them and applied for the visas for us, and we then went back to London the next week to collect them (we found a company who were open on Saturdays and we were happier taking and collecting our passports rather than post them, which you can do if you want)

Hope this helps

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uk tourist visa to China

We used visaforchina and had no problems with their 6-day service. Weighing up the costs of a trip to London to hand the visa applications in in person, and then picking them up - it wasn't that much more expensive. Remember there are consulates in Edinburgh and Manchester where you can get visas thus avoiding the madness of the London Embassy.

5. Re: Uk tourist visa to China

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 20:20