We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
70 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

My husband and I will be in Beijing in the last week of November. We'll arrived around 12noon, how long would it take for us to reach Sariz Hotel? We availed a package tour and the itinerary requires us to join the group on the second day. We'll be visiting Badaling, Tianamen Square, Forbidden City and of course lots of factories. This will probably eat much of our time so please help me make an itineray for our first day and the remaining 2days. By the way, we'll check out around 12 noon on our 4th day coz our flight is at 3pm I think. I'm a shopaholic person and I love rummaging mall sales but I hate bargaining I'm not good at this. You think, Beijing is a good shopping ground? Where? I also want to see alll the tourist spots I saw in the web like the Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, the hutongs and also some night life. I love food! Hope you could suggest some budget friendly restos which serves authentic Chinese cuisine or any that's probably expensive in Manila. One more thing, what clothes do I have to bring? Is it really cold in November?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

I don't know much about the hotel. But it's website says it "is about 25 minutes driving distance" from the airport and there's a subway station nearby.

The temperature should be around zero degree, between -10 degrees and +4 degrees celsius.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

You are 17 kilmetres out from the tourist places like the hutongs and the Forbidden City - although you will most likely use rail to get around (to the city). I would think that it will take about an hour to two hours at least before you get to your hotel from the airport.

The Summer Palace is a possible venue you could do on your arrival day afternoon- but it would be very quick - maybe that is enough for you. It closes at 5pm. That would leave the Temple of Heaven (and I would suggest) the adjacent Hongqiao Market (Pearl Market)to do on the third day for shopping. Then taxi back to Liulichang and walk around the lovely antique market street - from here hire a rickshaw and go around the hutongs. From here walk back to T square where you can do further shopping around the nearby Wangfujing and the Oriental Plaza (upmarket). On the last day I would get an early taxi to the Silver Ingot Bridget and go for a walk around the Hou Hai Lake and Qiuan Lake. Instead of walking you can get a rickshaw here and go around the hutongs.

manila
Level Contributor
70 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Gosh! It seems 4days is really not enough to see everything. Would you suggest we stay in Days Inn Forbidden city on our third to fourth day? At least we're near wangfujing shopping.

How long would it take for us to go downtown using the subway? And what station is near Sariz?

Hope you could suggest places where we could blend with the locals and shop as they do.

By the way, thanks guys for your early reply!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Your hotel is located at the heart of Beijing's Computer/IT center. There's also a big shopping mall there. From Carrefour to FCUK, from APPLE to Lenovo, you definitely will shop as locals there.

It's not close to Forbidden City, but it's closer to the Olympic Green, Tsinghua University, Peking University, Summer Palace and Old Summer Palace (much bigger than the new Summer Place, but looted and burned by British and French forces)

Wangfujing is a good place for shopping, but you may find better prices at Xi Dan where locals dominate.

hokkaido
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

hi JourneyCA, sorry for cutting in, but may i know where is Xi Dan?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Take subway line 1, one stop west of Tiananmen West station is XiDan station. There are many shopping centers and department stores north of XiDan station.

You can also find Bank of China headquarters there, as well as Xidan Civil Aviation Building from where you can take an airport shuttle to the airport (16 RMB one-way)

manila
Level Contributor
70 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Thanks journeyCA! I also received your reply in one of the forums with 888beijing. You're really of great help trying to explain each and every stop. Is it ok to buy cellphones in that area? you think its cheaper than buying in Manila?

I also want to visit the Ikea store for some kitchen gadgets. How can I go there using the subway? Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Hi - I am interested in visiting Carrefour as I understand from these posts that it is much cheaper to buy things there. Can someone tell me where it is? Thanks

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

There are many Chinese brand cellphones available in the market. So maybe it's cheaper than buying in Manila. But I'm afraid you'll have to compare prices yourself since I don't know cellphone prices in Manila.

Ikea is located near the airport freeway. You can take the subway line 10 to SanYuanQiao Station. Ikea is two bus stops (3km) away from the station. You can take a taxi or ride the bus No. 975 to Ikea from there.

There are 10 Carrefour stores in Beijing. Guangqumen Carrefour is close to Ming City Wall Ruins Park and not far from Temple of Heaven. The closest subway station is Ciqikou Station which is 800 meters west of Carrefour. You can then walk or take a taxi to 家乐福广渠门店 which is at 富贵园购物中心.

manila
Level Contributor
70 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SOS! I want to visit all in 4 days.

Great to know there are malls near our hotel. I really love to shop. Planned to see the attractions 40% of my time and shop the remaining 60%. Isn't it prohibited to bring imitations like bags and shirts?

I've read Sariz is somekind of a botique hotel? Does it have botiques on the lower floors?