We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

chilliwack BC
6 posts
Save Topic
Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

Does anyone know how far it is to Beijing from Xingang. I am worried as I was told it is quite a long way and I have no idea how to get from there to Beijing. We do not know how to talk the language to ask anyone once we get off the cruise ship. Princess cruises wont give us a transfer as we are staying in Beijing for 5 days and booked our own hotel instead of being put up with them for a night. I don't even know which hotel they are even being put up at as they don't tell you until two weeks prior. I am coming in November and am getting worried as there maybe no transportation from there. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE if you have been there and know anything that may help us. Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,310 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

I've never been there, but with a little google web search : (The distance is 150 miles or 240 km):

chinahighlights.com/beijing/optionaltours.htm

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

2. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2005, 19:03
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

once i had a client who disembark at Xingang too, please do not worry about the transfer. actually, Xingang is in Tianjin City which is near Beijing City. ineed, there is some way to go Beijing. you can hire a car to Beijing, and how many people will arrive? Please see the relative quotation:

pick-up from Tianjin Xingang to Beijing

Group for 4 pax

Quotation: US$90/per person

Total cost: US$360/four person

or you can take a Taxi, i am afraid the price is hiher and especially you are foreigners.

any question or request, please feel free to contact me. i always browse the forum.

canada
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

I have never been to Xingang but I believe there is a train service. I know the containers go by train to the port, so the passenger train station shouldn't be far off.

5. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2005, 04:26
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

Hi,

We are going on the Princess cruise Nov. 24 and will be syaying in Beijing for three days before the cruise. If you are going on the same date cruise, contact me to share a ride to the port.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

There will be a intercity bus service between these two cities, probably 10 a day.

Maybe even from the Beijing International Airport if you ask.

The bus will cost less than $10.

There is definitely a train service to Tianjin as well.

It is one of the largest sea ports in the world.

Your tour company SHOULD be advising you how best to travel from Beijing to the vessel.

$360 to hire a car is ridiculous.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

Can any one help me i am trying to find out which are the closest hotels to the Xingang sea port, as i have booked a cruise with a few days stop off in Beijing. Many thanks

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

Xingang/Tianjin is >2 hrs taxi ride to Beijing downtown.

I believe that Princess Cruises checkin is usually at the Renaissance Tianjin Teda Hotel & Convention Center, either at the hotel itself or the Convention Center which is next to it. This is part of Marriott hotel, so getting a taxi and translation from the hotel is not an issue.

Address : Renaissance Tianjin Teda Hotel and Convention Center

29 SECOND AVE Tianjin Teda, 300457 CN

marriott.com/hotels/…

Your Beijing hotel will be able to get you a taxi to Xingang. Plenty of taxis in Beijing. Or, check thru this forum for a reliable driver who can communicate in English.

Tip: photocopy your passports, print hotel addresses in Mandarin which you can ask from the Beijing hotel.

Beijing
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting nervous need help re: Beijing.

Hi,i have been there many times,sometimes send clients to cruise,sometimes for picking up my clients.Xingang is in Tanggu.Tianjin City,about 100 miles to downtown of Beijing.there are locals around at exit,they shout `taxi to beijing,taxi to beijing`,then then negotiate the price with clients.it is about 160-200USD per taxi to Beijing.but that is not taxi,just private car.they just know Beijing a little,if your hotel is not famous or new one,wihch will be waste couple hours to find it.the best way is many topics on this forum,many English speaking driver and English guide here,you can find one pick up you to Beijing.thire price is reasonable,they also can be guide for you in Beijing.