We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olympic arenas

usa
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
olympic arenas

is there a tour for all the olympic structures? if not shd we get a guide? shd we plan on 3-4 hours?

thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,752 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: olympic arenas

I am not aware of guided tours. I only did the stadium. You buy a ticket, walk in and look around. Some shops as well. Not sure what a guide would do. You have enough time. I think the stadium could take 15 minutes. I took more time with my daughter as we sat in the stands to enjoy the sun.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
433 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: olympic arenas

We were there three weeks ago and as JPDeM says I'm not sure what a guide would add. The main stadiums are more interesting from outside than in where they just look like any other large arena or swimming pool.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: olympic arenas

I agree on that. The most interesting thing is the design on the outside.

I was lucky to visit the premises at the time they were building it (end 2007). That was very nice. Especially seeing how the construction work at the birds nest was done.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: olympic arenas

according to my experience, the Arena is more beautiful in the night as the lights on.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: olympic arenas

I'm sure you only mean the ones at the Olympic Green. No need for 3-4 hours, I think 2-2.5 hours at most should suffice.

6. Re: olympic arenas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 05:17