We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

where is best place to see acrobat and kung fu shows in Beijing and what is the cost?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

Hello,

Based on my experience, please check the following out:

1. Kung Fu Legend Show---Red Theater in Chongwen district

Performed every evening from 19:30 to 20:50. The official price is RMB 880,680,480,280,and 180, but you can always find the best price if you contact any Beijing-based tour company.

You can find some information here: http://en.piao.com.cn/beijing/ticket_623.html

2.Acrobat Show---Chaoyang Theater in Chaoyang district

performed every evening from 17:15 to 18:15 and from 19:15 to 20:30.

The official price is from RMB 180 to 680, however, again, check with tour companies and you can get the cheapest tickets.

I would say that both shows are very good, but if you could have a chance to go to Shanghai, you may definitely want to leave the Kung-Fu show to Shanghai Portman Theater at Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Shanghai.

Good luck!

WildChina

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

What do you expect from a kung fu show? The Kung Fu Legend Show is a story about the little boy who became a kung fu monk.

It is not a kung fu material arts demonstration.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

The acrobats at Chaoyang are impressive, I have never seen so many people on one bicycle. The show lasts about an hour so the cost per hour is quite high, however the performers deserve a rest after that time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

For the acrobat show at Chaoyang, is it necessary to purchase the best tickets? What kind of view would the cheapest seats get?

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,308 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

I have been there twice, and had the low prices. But I had seats at the front row so I had a good view.

But I always had my tickets arranged for me so I do not know if you can reserve these seats up front.

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

We were in Beijing last week and went to the Kung Fu Legend Show at the Red Theater. It was really charming and enjoyable. Our tickets were off to the side, maybe 12 rows back and were 160 RMB each; they offered a very good view. One word of warning if you're going this month: it was really, really cold in Beijing last week and the theater was apparently unheated. It was uncomfortably cold and never warmed up.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

Still undecided whether to see one of the shows.

Thanks for the info.

8. Re: Acrobat and Kung fu shows in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 07:17