We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mens Tailored Suit

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Mens Tailored Suit

I will be in Beijing for 3 days and wanted to check out the possibility of getting a suit made. Any suggestions of who, how much and how long?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,992 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

I usually go to Ya Xiu. The tailor facing the escalator. I have paid 1400 to 1500rmb for a 4 piece suit for the best fabric (3 pair of pants - convenient if you travel and also the jacket lasts longer than the pants).

Be ready to bargain. They will tell you that this price is impossible. Told them a friend paid that and be ready to walk away.

If you bring a suit you like they can have it ready the next day as they will just copy it. If they take your measurements you need to go for fittings one or 2 times. Check it carefully on delivery (especially the buttons). Better go right away when you arrive in Beijing. It closes at 8h30.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

I agree with Yaxiu, especially given the short time frame. I've never met a Chinese zipper that I like, so personally I prefer to bring my own. Get a few shirts while you are at it--they can be very cheap.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

Would you know if its close to here?

Days Hotel & Suites Beijing

--Chang An Grand Hotel Beijing

Address: 27 Hua Wei Li, Chao Yang District, Beijing

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

It's probably reasonably close.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,992 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

I don't know this hotel but by the address it is in the same district so probably no more than a $3 taxi ride. The hotel doorman will know Ya Xiu.

6. Re: Mens Tailored Suit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 08:16