We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lily

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Lily

Just back yesterday from our tour of China and the first thing I wanted to do was put a post on regarding how fantastic Lily was. What a lovely person! She was everything and more that we needed. Friendly, knowledgeable, professional with perfect English. She made sure that we knew exactly what was happening and even gave us her mobile number for the rest of our stay, in case we needed any further assistance.

Lily advised us where to eat and if you read this Lily, the duck was perfect in the restaurant you recommend.

Would not hesitate to recommend Lily as a wonderful guide.

Kat

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,351 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lily

Lily must be the most common name for a girl in China and there must be dozen of Lily who are guides. You need to be more precise.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lily

You are probably correct so I have added her web page.

http://lily-tourbeijing.spaces.live.com/

Kat

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lily

Katco - Glad you enjoyed Beijing & had a good time.

Thanks for the added info. Where did you have your Duck - the reviews on TA for Beijing restaurants are a bit sparse but growing all the time. You might want to add a review on there if you like. Very helpful for people considering the Duck question ;-P

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lily

Hi

It was Quanjude by the lake in the Houhai location. We did not reserve a table but arrived at 5.00pm. By 6.00pm the place was full and when we left people were sitting waiting for a table. The price for good and the duck was to die for.

Kat

Ridgecrest...
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lily

I booked Lily for a trip to Beijing from June 10-14. She was very friendly and happy to show her city to me. I was really jet lagged and took a bunch of pictures. I am pretty sure it got annoying, but we covered a whole lot of terrain in the 3 days that I spent with her in Beijing. We took cabs the majority of the time, but the last day I stated I wanted to try the mass transit and the subway system is very convenient and cheap 2RMB one way. I managed to use it later in my trip. She took me to the Forbidden City, Tian an men Sqaure, Beihai Park, Summer Palace, Drum Tower, etc. I was so sore from walking up and down stairs all over the city. It was a very unique experience and also the local restaurants she took me to were very tasty. They were 10 times better than the hotel food at 1/10th the price. I especially enjoyed the Sichuan cuisine since it is spicy. I didn't get a chance to get duck, but next time I'm in the area I'll try it out.

The last day I spent with her father-in-law (doesn't speak English, but can call Lily to translate) who took me to Mutianyu Great Wall. I fell asleep on the way to and from the wall. We also took a side trip to get my laundry done since it was so expensive in the hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed having a guide since I had a short time in the city and would most likely get ripped off or lost. Lily's rates were reasonable and she really showed me more sites and places than someone who doesn't live in Beijing. I would highly recommend her services as a tour guide for Beijing. She even referred me to a friend for my trip to Xi'an which turned out great. Thanks Lily and happy globe trotting. =)

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lily

So what does Lily charge for her services?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lily

I just spoke w/Lily via e-mail today - here is what she quoted me...

Guide service in Bejing: 400RMB/day (8hours)(no extra fee)(not include transportation)

For the Great Wall: 500RMB/day(include driver, toll, fuel, parking, no extra fee)

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lily

Thank you.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
905 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lily

Haha, yes, lily is a common name in China for a Chinese girl, I guess there are thousands of Lily in China, 3 are my friends. Haha. You know, when we started learning English, Lily is the first English name we learn, haha...

Maybe she needs a new logo or business brand that could help people remember her.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
220 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lily

Plus she needs to post matching photo on her website