We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with China Tour Itinerary

Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Topic
Need help with China Tour Itinerary

I need help with making an itinerary for a 2 weeks vacation to China next year in summer ( late july - early august ) .

We wanna visit Beijing, Xian, Yangtze River , Shanghai and maybe something else if we have time.

Any idea how much something like this would cost and if china tours are cheaper or a better ideea then to go on our own ?

Thanks.

Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Helicopter Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Travel China Guide
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Beijing Walking Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
The Trippest Mini Group Tours
Private Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

REO2000

If you drop me a PM with your email address and I will send you my 12 day itinerary and budget via email for a very similar tour. I put it in a spreadsheet with daily costs for each excursion. Our private tour guide helped me on entrance fees. When we got home I was almost exactly to the dollar.

Profguy

P.S. - We are also from Indy...small world

Luang Namtha, Laos
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

Going on your own requires home works done (a lot of readings). Choosing a package tour is easier.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

China is huge, unless you're flying the whole way through, it can be overwhelming doing it on your own. Best to see the different tour packages offered within China. I notice that the places you want to visit are usually offered in these tours.

Xian
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

The cost is hard to figure as I have no idea of which hotel standard you wanna choose and by train or by air? The charge of transportation and accommodation usually takes a large part of a tour. It would be a huge difference between 3 star hotel and 5 star hotel, flight tickets and train tickets.

I guess it is your first trip in China. Since you totally know few about the local conditions, how to book flights and hotels, I suggest you to get a package tour from a travel agency other than go on your own.

phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

We are looking for the same type package. Can you assist me

6. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 15:05
Boston
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

We went with a package tour from absolute china tours, and I loved the guides we had. I would book with them again in a second. We did a similar itinerary to yours, minus the cruise.

Here are two packages they have that look similar to what you're looking for:

absolutechinatours.com/china-tours/CHY-01/it…

absolutechinatours.com/china-tours/CHY-06/it…

8. Re: Need help with China Tour Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:16