During our trip to Beijing in January (and yes we know it will be very cold), we plan on a day trip to the Mutianyu section of Great Wall. I would appreciate answers to the following:
(1) Does Vus 936 with direct service to the Wall operate throughout the year or only during the high tourist season? If it does operate, how long a trip is it?
(2) Does Bus 916 operating from Dongzhumento Huairou operate year round and seven days per week? What is the frequency of the bus and how long does the trip take?
(3) How much will a taxi cost from Huairou to the Wall and should we pay for the driver to wait or are their taxis available for the return trip?
(4) How much time would you advise we should spend at the Wall (keeping in mind that we love history and scenery and are in reasonably good shape)?
(5) Are we correct in assuming that on a weekday in January there will not be an overwhelning number of crowds on the Wall?
Thank you very much for your response.