We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Android Tablet ?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sammamish...
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Android Tablet ?

OK, after no positive news about buying cheap GPS in Beijing, how about a cheap Android Tablet, larger than 7" (8-10"?) and running Android 2.1 or later. Anything cheap and good to be found around the markets? It does NOT need to have 3G/cell phone connectivity, but of course, wifi. Certainly there are local products not available here, and with Android, no concern about pirated software..

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

Truckloads but i am not sure they run 2.1 os. Try it before you buy to see if you like how it works. There is also a video on youtube about these items which is 100% correct imo - i have purchased quite a few of them.

There is a thread on this matter already maybe a couple of months back.

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

Any particular brand, or market, or are they all over? How about what price I can bargain down to? Do they tend to actually work as advertised?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

Well, the ones with the resistive type screen have some idiosyncracies, they are better with a stylus -around 600 rmb or there abouts, depending on what memory you can put into them... yes - put in, they only have a couple of gig onboard. I strongly suggest you check out the video in the link. It mirrors many of my experiences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv298qyZmYk

there are capacitive screen models, that act like the ipad, but what i have seen they are well over 2000 rmb.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

You could try the Fly Touch. They sound pretty good & run on the Android system. Try Gome stores.

Not sure what the prices are at the moment but they entered the market at under RMB2000. Skeggles option sounds heaps cheaper & just as good.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

Annie,

i think my option is the cheap and nasty option:-)) -- you know me, if its cheap, I'll buy it! doesn't matter if it its useless...

6. Re: Cheap Android Tablet ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 05:16