We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qing - great private tour guide in Beijing

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

It didn't really occur to me to hire a guide in Beijing until I read some recommendations here and booked a woman called Qing to show me around on my first day.

I'm really glad I did this – Qing is a great guide. She and her husband took me to see the Great Wall, but she also did all kinds of practical stuff for me like booking my train tickets to Xining, explaining what all the things in the supermarket are, and she taught me to haggle in the markets. (Er, turns out I am not a good haggler. She got me better prices).

Qing also set me up with a Chinese sim card for my phone and told me to call her from anywhere in China if I had any problems on the rest of my trip. I can't recommend her highly enough! A brilliant way to get acquainted with China at the start of your travels.

Beijing Private Tours By Jessie
City Tours, Photography Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Tour-Beijing-Day Tour
Helicopter Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,526 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

You live in Beijing and needed a guide?

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

No, I live in Ireland. I'm in beijing for 4 days before I travel to Tibet.

fort huacuca
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

Hello, I sent you a message about your trip to China. I hope you do not mind. Thank you

Somerset
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

Hi!

These reviews sound great, but (sorry to be dumb) how to I get in touch with Qing?

Thanks,

Melanie

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,526 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

The OP should put her coordinates here as well as her rates.

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

"Qing Ye"

chineseqing2008@gmail.com

Dublin, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

I think her rate with a driver for the day was about €100 but I can't remember for sure.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

Qing may be worth every penny, but for the new traveler to Beijing, you can get lower rates. 1075 yuan for a car and driver is on the high side.

Auckland, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

I have used Qing and her husband's services in Beijing. I have mixed feelings about recommending them. Although they were courteous and knowledgeable about the city, I felt the fee was too high for what you got. I only realised this after seeing other guides who were attentive and went out of their way to help their clients. I didn't feel they catered to my interests and had an inflexible schedule (a couple of incidents that raised red flags, a member of my party can understand mandarin!)

Before you book the guide, ask them as many questions beforehand and if they are vague or do not answer your questions or say, "we can talk about it when you get here" then you may need to look elsewhere. There are fantastic guides, many who have never been mentioned on this board.

Everyones' experiences are different, and I am certainly not dissuading you as I still had a great holiday and Beijing is amazing, just please do your homework.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Qing – great private tour guide in Beijing

what's her rate?