We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about shopping.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
about shopping.

hi.

where someone can go to find good quality fake clothes, shoes , bags -of the luxury brands like pradfa, gucci, louis vuitton etc?

(if someone has been to bangkong in thailand - i am searcing for a shop like the mbk department store).

798 Art Zone
Art Galleries, Neighbourhoods
Wangfujing Street
Flea & Street Markets, Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Nanluoguxiang
Gift & Speciality Shops
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: about shopping.

Try Wanfanjing Lu (road). it is BangKok not bang kong.

Also if you see one of the wealking tuor guides ask them they will take to the rigt area.

Happy shopping

lbon

Changsha

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about shopping.

thanks!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: about shopping.

I guess Wangfujing road is meant. But the question was about fake clothing and not the real brands.

For the fake stuff you go to silk street, pearl market or ya show. Quality differs so you have to look good at the stuff you want to buy.

Search the forum for more info on these markets.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: about shopping.

Right, no such place as Wanfanjing.

You should be aware that the authorities are cracking down on illegal fakes. They seem to be getting more serious about intellectual properties. I know some of the sales girls quite well at Ya Xiu and they were telling me about police visits on a daily basis. As a result the place was rather dead with much less merchandise. Even the DVD shop had rather empty shelves.

Some girls were talking about getting back in their home town as they could not make much money any more. I did not go in the last 2 weeks to see if things have gotten back to "normal".

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: about shopping.

These "crackdowns" happen on and off and don't change anything. For example, one day before Spring Festival, the DVD store at Yashow was only selling Chinese music and DVDs, having cleared off all the counterfeit western movies from the shelf, 2 days later, it was all back. Stalls get shut down, but a new one opens up in its place, no big deal.

There are places selling fakes at Wangfujing, if you go past the "walking street" and look around the church, you'll find them, but its still best to head to Yashow/Silk Market/Hongqiao as they will have the best selection and better prices.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: about shopping.

thanks!

7. Re: about shopping.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 11:16