We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noodle Loft

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Noodle Loft

MobileNative says that the Noodle Loft branch on 20 W. Dawang Rd is closed. Can anyone confirm that?

Is this place worth going to the other location on 33 Guangshun N. St, Fairmont Tower, Floor 2? It's outside of the 4th ring Rd so pretty far from our Hotel (Park Plaza)

We we saw it on the food network & we love noodles so wanted to try it.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noodle Loft

It moved last year in the Wangjing area which on the way to the airport.

No hard to find noodles in Beijing.

Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noodle Loft

Thanks for the info.

Can you please share your favorite noodle restaurant?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noodle Loft

Sorry, I don't have a favorite. To me noodles are noodles. It is fast food in China for people who are in a hurry or poor. There are a few "sophisticated" places that I heard about such as the Noodle Bar in Sanlitun. My girlfriend likes Muse which is considered the best Vietnamese restaurant by many..

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noodle Loft

There are some noodle restaurants:

Pu An Nippon Style Noodle House, No. 132, Gulou Dong Dajie, Dongcheng District (close to north end of the Nanluogu Lane);

Xi Bei You Mian, floor B1, Daxinhua Aviation Building, Sanyuan Qiao, Chaoyang District, Tel: 63453535.

Xi Long Qian Wei Noodle Restaurant, S9-32 South area, Sanlitun Village, Tel: 64159699

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Noodle Loft

JP

Do you have the address for Noodle Loft in WangJing? I used to live in WJ, so will be hiking out there anyway to see friends, so if it's nearby I might check it out.

Thanks

Lina

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noodle Loft

I am a world class black belt noodle connoisseur, unlike what JP said, noodle is a serious and sophiscated matter, with hundreds of million faithful followers, in Japan, it is a national passion with books, TV shows and movies. Famous noddle shops in Tokyo have hundreds waiting in line every single day, long lines for those in California too. Unfortunately it is not something you can easily get good suggestions on, because every noodle lover has different taste and everyone has a strong opinion about his/her favorite noddle shop, which unfortunately rarely is the same for the next person.

The names of Noodle Loft and Noddle Bar both sounds fake and chain like, how can any self-respecting noodle connoisseur eat in a chain? I done my time studying the noddle issue on TA without a solid lead. Forget Japanese ramen, I go to Japan too often, heaven for noodles. Vietnamese as a sub-branch is excellent and we have many in Calfiornia. But Beijing should be the motherlode birthplace of all noodles, how can a noodle connoisseur not eat noodles in Beijing?

Does anyone have any authentic suggestions for a good noddle shop near begining of Wonfujing street, at the first block from Changan E Rd. Will travel for good noodles if worth of the taxi ride. Is there one noddle shop that is just the crown jewel of them all, one shop to rule them all? a must eat for true noodle connoisseurs? Thanks in advance.

Edited: 15 September 2011, 19:22
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noodle Loft

To me noodles are noodles.

--------

Oh man, JP, to say noodles are noodles is like saying hot dogs are hot dogs or pizza is pizza, or in your case, poutine is poutine. Of course there is a big difference between noodles. For example, hand pulled or knife shaved, wheat or flour or rice, etc. etc.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noodle Loft

Yes, you can make noodles into a cult.

But I agree with JP. In Beijing, noodles is mainly fast food, and as such noodles are just noodles. The chinese version of french fries :-)

But there are some restaurants that see noodles as a tourist attractions and put up a show where a cook is turning a big ball into very thin noodles by hand.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,691 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noodle Loft

You are right TSS, nobody should ely on me for noodle advice as I will not rely on a Chinese who just landed in North America for pizza or hot dog advice.

Googling "best noodles in Beijing" will give plenty of leads.

Beijing
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Noodle Loft

Noodle Loft has been closed for awhile, never did very good business beyond tourists and new expats.

As for 6's search for noodle spots around Wangfujing, just west of Wangfujing going down Donghuamen, there is a really good Lanzhou lamian spot (look for the big green sign across from Tang Yue Hotel). Also check out Yan Lan Lou which is on the west side of Jingshan Park, the only restaurant in Beijing (I believe) that has a certificate from the Lanzhou city government confirming the authenticity of their lanzhou lamian.