We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Topic
is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

HI, I have Citibank ATM, and I understand the local banks

would charge if I use their ATM machine instead of my own

bank. I look in Citibank internet site, and they only list their

ATM location by addresss, I do not know what the address of

the Beijing International airport, I will be staying in Chaoyang

district, they have a few in Chaoyang district, but I do not know how

far they are from my hotel.

I was wondering if anyone has seen a Citibank ATM machine in

the airport and its approximate location.

If none, does anyone happen to know how much a foreign bank

than my own would charge for using their ATM machine. It

seems to me some people said you can also walk into a

local bank eg Bank of China ( seeems like most recommended)

or China construction bank etc and exchange your US $.

Unfortunately I do not have a B/A ATm card or else I can use

China construction Bank ATM machine free.

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Definitely no Citibank ATM at the airport. I only know of one. It is in the Pacific Century Mall (east side of the building). This Mall is close to Ya Xiu. You cross the street and head east towards ring road 3.

I am not so sure that locals banks charge anything but your bank will probably charge you in that case.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Citi Bank Beijing Branch:

BJ Ascott

No.108, B, Jianguo Road Chaoyang District

Beijing, CN

BJ Oriental Plaza

No.1 East Chang An Street Dongcheng District

Beijing, CN

BJ Wang Jing Mall

Jia Mao Mall, No.33 Guangshun North Road Chaoyang District

Beijing, CN

Beijing Kerry Centre sub-branch

Unit 109, 110 Beijing Kerry Centre Shopping Mall No. 1 Guang Hua Road Chao Yang district

Beijing, CN

Phone 8610-65618800

Special Services Available

ATM - 24 hr

Beijing Chang-an sub-Branch

1//F, Tower 1, Bright China Chang-an Building No.7, Jianguomennei Avenue ChangAn district

Beijing, CN

Phone 8610-65102458

Special Services Available

ATM - 24 hr

No Airport branch, so I don't think it has a ATM there.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Hi , thanks so much for the info.

Our hotel is at 100 Pingleyuan st, Chaoyang district.

Does anyone happen to know which ATM is closest to our hotel ? Is it

walking distance ?

Thanks so much again.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Why keep us guessing? Why not just tell us the name of your hotel, not just the address?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Oh, I was not trying to hide the name of the hotel., it is Grand gongda

Jianguo Hotel .

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

OK I know where this is, it's in the SE part of the central city near BJ University of Technology. The closest Citibanks to you are the Ascott or Kerry Center, I'd give the nod to Kerry as it's easier to find and access. From your hotel, you can get a taxi there--it's not horribly far but will likely be 20 minutes in traffic--have the hotel doorman tell the taxi to take you to the office building door not the Kerry Hotel door. From the office entrance, look opposite the driveway to the commercial part and you should see Citibank's sign...it's right inside the opposite doors. Or if you can get to the Jinsong subway station (Line 10), take it 3 stops north to Jintaixizhao, use Exit D, and walk 5 minutes south to Kerry Center. Somebody around there can point out Citibank branch if you can't spot it. In heavy traffic, the subway will be faster.

At the airport on arrival, if you don't want to use the ATM, you might just want to exchange a USD $100 note for RMB...making sure you get some 10's and 20's. That will tide you over until you can get to Citibank.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 12:47
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,077 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

Since you are already going shopping at YaXiu just go to the Pacific Century Mall branch.

Also as far as I know, Chinese banks will not charge you for using their ATM. Even if they did, how much are you willing to pay in taxi fare (return trip) to save the fee?? (not counting precious time). Keep your life simple and go to a bank next to your hotel.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 14:20
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

UPDATE: Anybody reading this, please ignore my comments on the Kerry Center Branch. I was at this center today (March 28) and found a bunch of workmen ripping the Citibank office apart, and a notice on the door--as of today, this branch has moved to Jinbao Jie. Which is about 2 miles west. ATM gone also. Scratch this one.

I'd tend to just suck it up and withdraw from a major branch of a Chinese bank near your hotel, at least to get started. The main fee issue will be anything your own bank decides to levy. If you happen to be near a Citibank, you can stock up there.

calif
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

I have a bank of america atm. According to the Op, it sounds like I can use China construction bank at no charge. Are there any branches of these at the Beijing airport or near Forbidden city area where we plan to stay during our trip in June.

I assume I will still be assessed an international fee from Bank of America. Thanks for the info.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is ther a Citibank ATM machine in Beijing airport

If you have a BofA account, I believe you get fee-free withdrawals at CCB. (as in, no fee from BofA). CCB wouldn't charge a fee anyway. Check with BofA on current status of this agreement. CCB is one of the big 4 Chinese state-owned banks and has branches everywhere, so yes I think there is one in each terminal at the airport, and should be at least one somewhere in the T-Square/FC immediate vicinity, though I'm drawing a blank as to which side (it won't be right on the square, but about a block away). Should be at least a couple of CCB's in the upper and lower Wangfujing area.