We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa to enter China from Australia

Adelaide
Level Contributor
99 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
Visa to enter China from Australia

Is it possible to get a VISA at the airport in Beijing as I did in Vietnam? We are coming from Australia.

If we have to get our VISA in Australia prior to leaving can anyone suggest the easiest/cheapest way to do this. We are only staying in China for 13 days and only need a one entry VISA. We live in South Australia so do not have an embassy in our home state. Any clues fellow travellers? Juliat

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,176 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

No you cannot get a visa on arrival in beijing. You need to send your passport to the Embassy in Canberra.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

I am in Melbourne and used to send our application by post to the Melbourne consulate.

It then changed and last year they launched a visa center which you could do on line or by post.

It changed again in May & now they do it differently again. You can now apply here - www.visaforchina.com.au/visaen/visaView.html…

Or as Zhuhai suggests send your application for visa to the Canberra Embassy. Which ever option you chose, if you go for posting make sure you register your post as it will contain your passports. Also read the payment options for posting as their are additional charges and if you do not pay the correct amount they will send your passports back and you have to resubmit. Have to say they are very efficient.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

We have just received our visas through the post and it only took 8 days. The instructions are on line and the fee was $40.00 for a one entry visa and an addition $55.00 through the post charges. Total was $95.00 each. You can only send by express post envelope and insert a return express envelope. You do not send any money and can only pay by a credit card authority form. All went smoothly and it bets spending hours in a queue.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

actually, since they set up the visa service centres last year the waiting is virtually non-existent if you go to one. a huge improvement. though that doesn't help you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

The new offices are in Ground Floor, 570 St Kilda Road,

You can go online and download the form.

Take a couple of photos

passport

Air tickets

a copy of the itinerary (just in case)

You can book an appointment time online (this saves a wait for you as when you go to the office you are given a ticket which tells them you have booked. Yoiu can just walk in as I do. No problem all part oft he holiday.

I was advised the other day by a colleague TAers that the fee for single is what I paid last year $78.00. I do believe now it has increased for a single entry. It takes 4 days to get your visa. If you visit.

I think it is best to get your visa first in melbourne just in case.

The tourist visa is what you want.

telephone number is 03 9937 2308

Mon - Fri 0900 - 1500 sharp!

Enjoy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

prices are given on-line. note first timers are limited to a dual entry in my experience. albons info is spot on.

7. Re: Visa to enter China from Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 08:15