We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussie...visa?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aussie...visa?

Hi,

Do we need a visa fir a holiday of a week?

Many thanks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussie...visa?

Yes

Melbourne
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussie...visa?

I noticed that you're from melbourne. There's a chinese consulate in St Kilda rd. Check out their website and it lists all the costs. You can make an appointment to drop off and collect. Very easy to do.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussie...visa?

Yes you do.

I have just got my new visa this morning and I notice visas for tourist up to 3 months is $78.00. It takes just 3 - 4 days to process and collect.

Make sure you take with you

Passport

Passport photo

copy of air tickets

Copy of itiniery (may not be required)

There is now a new application form which you can complete att the visa centre.

It is NOT the consulate you go to in Toorak Road but as the other TAer said the Visa Centre at 570 St Kilda Road Close to Commercial Road .

If you already had the application form which you can download from the web you can then book an appointment online.

The new application form is about 4 pages .

The gentleman at the door will advise you and there is plenty fiorms there.

But I would just rock complete the form there take a ticket and about 15 - 20 minutes get served.

You do not have to book and the best time to go is after 930am and before 2pm.

You can ask for an express service but I believe you pay more for that.

You pay for the Visa when you collect the Visa.

telephone ; 9937 2308

Mon - Fri 0900 - 1500

Good luck

Albon

South Yarra

Edited: 15 July 2011, 04:20
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussie...visa?

Yes.

All the info you need is on the Chinese Consulates Aussie Website - http://www.visaforchina.com.au/MEL_EN/

Very straightforward. I always use the postal service - costs more but it saves you having to schlepp down to the consulate & wait :-)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussie...visa?

As i have said before the new service is great.

Albon is 100% correct in his description of what occurs.

As a first timer- i guess- get the form of the net, fill it out, go to st kilda rd, wait maybe 15 mins max- and they will check it and advise what you need to bring when you pick up your passports to ensure the visa.

Annie is a very experienced traveller to china.

If you have forgotten something- then everything becomes a chaotic mess.

And parking is easy on st kilda rd around there.

If its your first time to china, somehow i get the feeling you have been to there or vn... Anyway you'll only get dual entry. If you have evidence in your current or previous passports of entry into china, depending on type and number, you can raise the entry to multiple and 1 year as a tourist.

6. Re: Aussie...visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 06:18