We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing Subway Map

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
142 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing Subway Map

Can u buy a plasticized Beijing subway map? The one I printed off www.explorebj.com is too tiny to read.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
330 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Use a magnifying glass and you can read it. I did

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
142 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing Subway Map

When I'm trying to navigate through the subway I don't usually have my magnifying glass handy.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,945 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing Subway Map

When in the subway there are maps everywhere to look at.

Most printed maps are obsolete.

If you really want something in your hands, try printing the middle only as you will never go to the stations out of the center.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing Subway Map

So I'm going to assume they don't have a pocket sized map of the subway like for the Tube in London?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,945 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Who is they? The subway authority? They have a map on the back of the ticket if you are young enough that your eyes can read it.

Sunnyvale,California...
Level Contributor
310 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Get a subway map at the airport or at the tourist information booths in the city. I used the map in my DK Eyewitness Beijing and Shanghai travel guidebook. The book includes a pullout waterproof street map and metro map for both Beijing and Shanghai. It came in really handy.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,183 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Back in May up to date pocket sized maps were being given out at some subway stations.

Beijing
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beijing Subway Map

you can find english sign easily in Beijing subway.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Buy a pocket guide for Beijing, with map. Both Lonely Planet & the DK eyewitness guides have them.

A map of Beijing on one side & a subway map on the other. Both maps will come in handy for you. Look at the publication dates and get the newest one possible.

The subway system advances quickly with new lines opening up each year -so you might not always have the newest line or stop on those maps but it will give you a bit of an idea.

Your hotel might also have a map of the hotel area they give out to guests & I would think they can get you a copy of a subway map if you request one.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
142 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beijing Subway Map

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I will check out the pocket guides. And yes, Jean-Pierre, as I get older the print keeps getting smaller!! Techboy, I was thinking the same thing as you (something like London subway maps) but didn't realize the subway system is growing that rapidly in Beijing.