We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing or Singapore?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut
Level Contributor
5 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing or Singapore?

I have an exam to take in February.I have the option to take it either in Beijing or Singapore.me and my hushand think to take our vacation during that period and enjoy this with our 2 kids.

my question is;where to go Beijing or Singapore,with 2kids and in february? where can I find more kids attractions.better wheather during february?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

February will be very cold in Beijing. Singapore is mostly hot and humid year-round.

How old are your kids? I think Singapore has more to offer for children.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,702 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

Very different choices. Singapore will we warm. Beijing will be winter and cold. Beijing has a lot of history and culture. Singapore is a clean modern city but fairly tasteless. For kids amusement or zoo Singapore is better as it is warmer. But it depends on the sort of things you can get your kids interested in. No need to travel very far to find amusement parks.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

2 completely different cities, one is full of culture and much cheaper and the other is a modern city with better weather in February. Depends on yourself.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,125 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

With kids I'd go for Singapore. However, that is not a criticism of Beijing which has many, many interesting places to visit.

Beirut
Level Contributor
5 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

They are young; 5 and 7 years old.they like kids things but they enjoyed India and the historical sites of Jordan.

I appreciate your help and advice.....but still I can't decide

New Jersey
Level Contributor
623 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

I'm a big fan of Beijing - but not of the cold - so that would be part of my decision!

Visiting the Great Wall is something that they will always remember

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1,297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

If I was to pick 1 I'd say Singapore.

San Diego
Level Contributor
165 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

Singapore would get my vote as well. For the kids, Sentosa would be a good place to burn off energy in a warm climate. Also visit the zoo and/or night safari. Lots of interesting neighborhoods, the Marina Bay Sands, waterfront, etc.

Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

It's an irony that I am trying to get out of Singapore to a much cooler place in December with my family and I have decided to go to Beijing.

Having stayed in Singapore for 40 years, I must agree that it is a relatively safe, clean, modern and efficient country. Transportation is excellent. The best part is that you can experience the various cultures, just like a big melting pot. As Singapore is a small country, you can practically cover the island's main attractions in 3 to 4 days.

Depending on how many days you are able to be away, Beijing may be a better choice if you have more days to spare but the cold weather (which to me is a relief), may not be your cup of tea. Singapore is all of 46 years old since independence whereas China has more than 5000 years of history. Two very different places. Just my two cents worth. Cheers.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beijing or Singapore?

Depending on your kids' inclination. But for children at your kids age, I think singapore has more to offer in terms of attractions. Beijing with its historical scene might be a tad too heavy for them, again I am thinking along the way MY kids behave.

Some attractions include - sentosa, visit the universal studio also (whole day maybe two), zoo + night safari whole day (I swear it's better than San Diego's), city stroll along boat quay - there's a boat ride that takes you along singapore river and up close to merlion, botanical gardens - if into nature, orchard road - too commercialized but then it's the most famous stretch of shopping in SIN, some cycling sling east coast beach, end with dinner at the open air food centre where prices are rather local.

A lot more...

Another added advantage is we are well connected by public transport, the train system is user friendly. Most of not all of us speak basic English. Very safe and easy for children.