We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in beijing

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in beijing

I will be travelling to beijing for several days. I would like to know which area of the city is the best to find a hotel. Around 200$ per night and close to mrt station and if possible sightseeing places

Thank you very much

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in beijing

Have a look at the Top Question at the top right of this forum.

It is one of the major topics.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,395 posts
822 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in beijing

Lots of hotels at or below this price. Check www.wotif.com for some ideas in this price range, then check the hotel reviews here.

Sussex UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in beijing

Sure the experts have given you loads of possibilities. All I can do is comment on where we stayed - the Novotel Peace Hotel. It's a nice moden hotel which I would be massively surprised if it was over your budget but we didn't book in separately from the tour so can't say for certain.

It is only about 1km (a reasonably easy walk) from Tiananmen Square. It is also very close to both a modern shopping centre but also the Beijing Night Market with all the unsual foods - scorpions, centepedes, sea horse etc which you can walk down to in the evening.

Hope this help. If you're interested we put our full holiday experiences online: www.my-family-travel-to-china.com

Good Luck

4. Re: Where to stay in beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2011, 03:05
5. Re: Where to stay in beijing

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2011, 11:32
6. Re: Where to stay in beijing

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2011, 06:05
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in beijing

Just have a look at:

Prime Hotel

Wangfujing Road

It is top end of price but excellent hotel.

This is a personal opinion.

i have stayed here several times with my wife and family.

Value for money

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in beijing

The major sightseeing places are very much spread around Beijing so maybe concentrate your search to include metro stations if that is a criteria. Being from Taiwan I am guessing you read Chinese so you can also include buses as they can be helpful.

Stay within the 3rd ring road. Inner Dongcheng, Xicheng ( Xidan) districts. Chaoyang also has some good options & subway connections but this is a big suburb so have a look on the map. Haidan is a bit too far from inner Beijing and Chongwen lacks a bit of atmosphere hotel wise.

US$200 is a good budget & will give you quite a few choices. As well as looking on the TA reviews ( you can use the search button to set your prices and areas) also look on CTrip.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,395 posts
822 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in beijing

Annie, Chaoyang is not quite the suburbs!!! It is quite central. I had lunch last Sunday at a friend's home near ring road 4 south, about one hour away by subway and still not the suburbs! Beijing is big.

Beijing
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in beijing

1: Wangfujing street area ( close to Tian'an Men Square, but costs r mostly more expensive than other areas)

2: Sanlitun area: ( lots of night life, shopping center, restaurants)

3 Shuangjing area( more local area)

Edited: 22 November 2011, 07:04