We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lily - Awesome guide

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Lily - Awesome guide

Many people have recommended Lily as a guide for Beijing -

Our family used her for one day last week - she is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! It is a great pleasure to recommend her.

Lily can be contacted on:

lily_fuwa@yahoo.com

cheers

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

We welcome your comment and asking for more~

All good guides have one same trait: Awesomeness.

But we need more details about your trip and your experience with her to know how awesome she is....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

She is totally awesome -

To begin with she has basically perfect English.

She is bright and charming.

She was lovely with our two sons.

She knows her stuff.

She took us to a great part of the Great Wall - many people talk about it on these pages - where you chairlift up and toboggan down. Great fun.

All in all if you want a great guide to Beijing - you MUST get Lily.

Boonah, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

I'm with you DuncanF81... we had the pleasure of being shown around Beijing last month with Lily. What a great time she showed us, basically all the main attractions because it was our first time in China. We can highly recommend her services to anyone.

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

hi everyone, please be gentle with me!!! i have never been on the china forum, i live on the thailand and malaysia forums!!! have travelled extensively but never to china, so how does one go about investigating a guide? do you organise through a company or private?

i would love any tips on negotiating china and if anyone has trip reports that i could read, could you please point me in the right direction?

thank you so much in advance

shona

p.s i am a mum of four, twins 14, daughter, 18 and son 20. may travel with all or some kids, so am interested to see how families negotiate china

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

hi countryvictor. welcome. this is what i did. when I planned my trip to china I read up on china on any site. Then i read the articles found on the upper right hand of this page. If there was any question that I did not understand, I either pm the original poster, or I posted it here on the forum and got help from the DE's and frequent china travellers. I try to include links on the articles I read so those trying to help me can evaluate it for themselves. It worked. I was so confident of my trip. But I still ended up with a guide- primarily for my family. In retrospect, it was a good move for me cuz she added stuff that I did not get to read and I am a pretty wide reader. Hope you have a good time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
785 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

I agree that "Awesome" is not a review. This is a link to my review of Lily.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294212-i2147-k378…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

Hi CountryVictoria.

If you look on the left hand side of page there is a section called " Top Questions for Beijing". On there is a link to recommended "Guides & Drivers" and also at the bottom there is a link to "Trip Reports" which also includes trip reports by family travelers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

Hi, Was she a driver/guide or did you also need a driver? What was the cost?

Indiana
Level Contributor
785 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lily - Awesome guide

Tour guide service: 400 RMB/day

Jin bei mini van: 700 RMB/day

seats up to 10. We had 6 in our group. Smaller car cost less

Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts