We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

I will be in China for 7 days business trip, 5 days in Beijing to attend some conference and 2 days in Shanghai. I have 1 complete day free in Beijing and 1 day in Shanghai. I would like to know if there is some kind of single day group tour in both the city? How can I spend time in the evening after conference is over as I will be traveling alone.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Some help pls

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Hi,

You probably have not got a response as there are hundreds of companies that do group day tours for both these cities. I don't do group tours so can't really help from a personal level.

Try having a look on http://www.travelchinaguide.com/ as they cover Beijing & Shanghai. They can either organise a seat on a group tour or organise a private tour for you. When you have a price guide start looking at the other tour companies.

Who ever you go with avoid those that have shopping stops. You only have one day in each city & don't want to waste it in a boring, high priced porcelain factory etc. If you see a group tour offered at a cheap price it usually includes forced shopping stops - that is how they recover their costs. They take you to shopping places, you pay a high price for goods & the tour company gets paid a commission.

The other option is to get a private guide for the day, go at your own pace and only see the things that interest you. A private guide for a day will be about RMB 300 - 400. This does not include a car but you can easily get around Beijing & Shanghai quickly, easily & cheaply using the subway or taxi. This might even work out more cheaply for you than paying US$ per person for a group tour. Entrance fees to sights are very low & if you have someone to share the cost of a private guide with you it will make it even better.

For where to find a guide in Beijing see here: tripadvisor.com/…41040128

For evenings it depends where you are staying & what you want to do ? Do you mean restaurants, bars, night shows etc.

For Beijing you might want to catch a show - The Acrobatic Show at Chaoyang theatre is very good & there is also the Legend Of Kungfu Show at the Red Theatre. Or if you wanted to shop some places are open for shopping until the early evening.

Annie

Mumbai
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Thanks for your valuable reply. I will be staying in orange hotel near Olympic village, any good places around?

Also everyday I have to attend conference at CNCC can someone guide how can I reach there cheaply & quickly from my hotel?

bullet train or flight which is a quicker option to reach Shanghai from Beijing?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,783 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Flying is always quicker if everything goes as planned which is not always the case.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

Flying is faster from Beijing to Shanghai. The flight should be around 2 hours. There's a 'normal' train that takes 12 hours from Beijing to Shanghai and a 'fast' train that takes around 4 hours. Either way, flying should be faster.

There's a lot to do in Shanghai at night. I'd suggest going to the Bund and catching the amazing night views of the skyline. There's also a lot of bars/lounges to go to if you're into that sort of thing.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

The closest subway from where you are staying is Huixinxjie Beikou on line 5. If you are trying to get to the National Conference Center you will need to take a taxi or bus.

Flying is faster from Beijing to Shanghai.

7. Re: Beijing & Shanghai 7 days business trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:16