We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
623 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

I'm considering ordering one of the prepaid SIM's from http://www.3gsolutions.com.cn/page/simcard but have no idea how legit they are.

Has anyone used this service?

I know there is a big (%) premium on this, over getting the SIM on my own, but in actual dollars, it isn't that big.

Am I over-estimating the hassle for a non-Mandarin speaking foreigner in setting up service with C. Unicom?

165 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Take a look at this thread: shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum/pre-paid-china-… .Both tivoboy and pantalon recommended 3G Solutions.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
623 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Back from Beijing and cannot say enough good about the service of 3gsolutions. My SIM was waiting for me at the hotel, the global card was tied to the number and everything worked great. Yes, it was more expensive than doing it myself, but it was no more expensive then what I would have paid here in Canada, so the convenience made it absolutely worth the premium. A legit outfit I would gladly recommend and use again if back in China.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Anyone know if it is truely a pay as you go plan, ie the allowance can be used for a period spanning multiple months, at least, instead of only valid within calender month.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

I ordered a SIM card for my trip to China a couple of days before arriving to Beijing. Payed via Paypal. The card got to my hotel very early in the morning the first day there, and everything worked just perfect. I'm very happy so far with the service.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 06:40
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

This company is just outstanding. Its people professionalism is excellente. I only have very good comments about it. I could connect all web pages and services I could not in hotels and wifi areas. The service they gave me for the 40 days I was in China helped me for my business trip, to move around and for translation purposes. I was in Guangzhou, Shantou, Xiamen, Jinjiang, Shaoxing, Zhejiang, Shanghai, Zhangjiangang and Beijing; inside the fast train, buses and airports and I did not have any problems to get connected. Definitely next time I come I will require their services again. THANKS PEOPLE AT 3GSOLUTIONS, YOU ARE GREAT!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,760 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Wow! That sounds so much like advertising!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Hello Jean Pierre. It is not. I am just a very satisfied customer that travel more than 36 hours to go to China and mi Ipad with the micro sim card they gave me helped me a lot since the first day I arrived in China. Not many people speak english.

Percy

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,760 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Good for you. Just saying, the style read like an ad copy.

By the way, I don't understand the part about "I could connect all web pages and services I could not in hotels and wifi areas".

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

Thanks for your reply. As a bussiness man it is nice to congratulate another company when they do well their job.

I could not connect to many web pages like google and others .com (mostly US) so with their configuration I could access to any web page.

Regards.

Percy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?

I have just used a 3gsolutions mifi dongle for a 10 day trip in china. Was excellent. It was dropped off at my first hotel and returned via the concierge at my last hotel. Very responsive email replies when I wanted to increase my data download and the VPN application meant that I was able to access the web pages that I wanted to.

Reply to: 3gsolutions - Pre-paid SIM service. Any reviews, thoughts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted