We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's when landing at midnight...

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's when landing at midnight...

My sister and I are going to land at midnight on November 3rd for our first trip to China. I have read the Beijing airport info on TA, but it doesn't say if taxi's will be available this late. Staying at the Penisula Hotel. Should I arrange a private driver or will there be taxi's that late? Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

Of course. As long as flights are coming in, there are taxis. Get your hotel name and address in writing in Chinese from the hotel website.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

Name of hotel: 王府半岛酒店

Address: 王府井金鱼胡同8号, 东城区

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

Thanks so much for posting this in chinese! Very thoughtful!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

You wont have a problem. The taxis all know the flight arival times and there will be taxis.

As you leave the aiport touts will approach you but dont go with them. Head to the official Taxi area - signs in English.

A taxi to the Peninsula Hotel at that time will be about RMB 120 approx.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

If you're coming out of T3, then head straight down to the bottom level and out the main doors. There will be 2 lines on the left and right. Both of they are official taxi lineups. I'd suggest using them.

120 would be on the high side if there was a lot of traffic. Midnight shouldn't be more than 100 rmb give or take a bit.

6. Re: Taxi's when landing at midnight...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 21:18