We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let down by Lily......

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Let down by Lily......

After e mailing and booking Lily's services for 4 days at the end of March I have now received an email cancelling my booking due to her 'friend visiting from the USA'.

Must admit alarm bells did start ringing when after e mailing her on 2 occasions had to re e mail her both times to ask if she had received my e mails. Not impressed!

Have read all the reviews for guides and hoping for good result this time. Any ideas or recent experiences with guides appreciated!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,042 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let down by Lily......

Which Lily are you talking about?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Let down by Lily......

I have been reading a lot about private guides and decided on Joe. I emailed him last night to make my tour bookings and he replied immediately. His website is www.joe-service.com

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Let down by Lily......

Sorry, with a lot of Lilys offering their services should have been more specific lily xy (lily_fuwa@yahoo)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let down by Lily......

Not cool, but it's sure better that you know well in advance that she's cancelled on you, so you have time to go to Plan B, vs her not telling you but waiting until you show up then sticking you with a last-minute substitute "friend of Lily" that can barely speak English and hasn't been in Beijing much longer than you!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Let down by Lily......

Agreed. It may be a let down but at least you've been given plenty of notice.

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Let down by Lily......

Agree entirely,as mentioned did have suspicions when did not get reply from e mails. Have found out Joe is available- strong believer in that every cloud has a silver lining! Will let you know how I get on.

7. Re: Let down by Lily......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:16