We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

April 10: I plan to take 916 Express to Huairou Bus Station and take a shared cab to Mutianyu Great Wall.

On my return I need to get to Airport direct. I have to be at airport by 3:00 PM. What are my options? Please advise.

867 to Dongzhimen bus transfer depot to Airport Express? But this bus leaves Mutianyu only at 2:00 PM.

Is there bus service from Huairou to Airport or Dongzhimen regularly say around Noon time?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

With your time limitation, I'd suggest hiring a car for the day instead of relying on bus service.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

The time is too short.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,273 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

Doesn't sound like a very good plan. Maybe you get a taxi directly from the Great Wall to the airport.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

What are you going to do with your luggage if you don't have a car? No point using public transport back and forth unless your budget is really tight. It will also eat up at least two hours of your time.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

The 916 express can reach Dong Zhi Men around 1 hour or a little more without traffic Jam.

But from the Great Wall to the Huairou City, that parts, you need to hire a car.

The Frequency of 916 express is almost 10 minutes or even shorter.

However you the normal 916 and express 916, they are in the same station, you need to make sure, which one is express!

If you want to take the 916 express way to Dong Zhi Men airport express, 3 o'clock at the airport,

In my view, you need to get a car back to Huai rou District City from Great Wall at 12:00 Noon time, then you will arrive at Huai Rou City around 12:30 to catch the EXpress 916, whose destination will be Dong Zhi Men, one hour 10 minutes, you will be there, unless heavy traffic, usually it will not happen during the noon time,

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

Of course, you need to know how to speak Express 916 in Chinese, it is 916 kuai che! Do remember it if you take this way or else you will be late for being at the airport at 3 PM....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

Tight airport deadline + public transport = probable disaster. I agree with the others - hire a car.

Beijing
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

I also think it is not fun to do the public transportation before reaching 3 PM at airport!!!!

Beijing
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

The Huai Rou Taxi, legal one is electricity power only available in Huairou, to the airport seems impossible, I think many drivers in Huairou no matter legal or illegal, they are not so familiar with the airport way....

You'd better get a private car.......................600 to 800 RMB....... for 1 or 2 people.

Too economical at last can be too much cost.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Huairou to Airport or to Dongzhimen: Bus Frequency?

Hello Viv C,

I am in the same boat. My flight landed in Beijing at 0610. And the next flight out of Beijing is at 1540. I have to be at the airport by 1340 (worst case).

So once I reach Beijing, I need to go to the Airport Train Express to Dongzhimen Station which takes about 20 mins. Then take Express bus 916 (916 kuai che) from Dongzhimen Station to Huairou City which takes about 1 hr 10 mins. Then from Huairou City, I need to take a minibus to Mutianyu Wall which takes about 30 mins. In total it is about 2 hours from Beijing Capital Airport to Mutianyu Wall right? Please advise if I am wrong.

I have additional questions below:

1. How to know that I have reach Dongzhimen Station? I can't speak/ read chinese.

2. Where exactly is Express bus 916 located?

3. How to know that I have reach Huairou City?

4. Where is the minibus located?

5. Is the minibus like a taxi?

6. Advise on minibus, express bus price and etc.