We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halal eateries in Beijing

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Halal eateries in Beijing

We are planning on visiting Beijing for 3 days in Sept 2013, could anybody recommend any nice Halal restaurants in central Beijing? We are happy to eat Veggie/Fish but it would be nice if we could try some authentic Chinese meat dishes that were Halal :)

Mentioned in this post
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

Look the map, click into the restaurants to see photos by real tester.

http://www.dianping.com/search/map/category/2/10/g108#!/data/href=/search/map/category/2/10/g108

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

Lots of Muslims in China, Beijing included. The Chinese equivalent of Halal is Qingzhen 清真。 The restaurant often has a green or blue name sign and displays those two Chinese characters. Should not be at all hard to find. a decent place even by just asking your hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
180 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

The chinese signs will hopefully help you. I am not sure about asking about this matter in english... I had no luck so far, being algergic to shellfish. Once we got lots of wonderful vegetarian dumplings but thenothertime we got served lobster, shrimps and crabmeat. We just appologized, went and settled on a wonderful raman noodle place.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

Niu Jie is the moslim quarter of Beijing, you may look around there. Or follow my map posted above.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

Thank you everyone for the helpful info. I'll definitely look into the Muslim quieter for food and try my best to remember the Chinese signs, that's brilliant advice :)

6. Re: Halal eateries in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 06:17