We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which train station Beijing to Dandong

oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which train station Beijing to Dandong

Hello, Could anyone advise which train station you use for Beijing to Dandong? Also any good priced 4* hotels nearby, how far it is from airprt and how far we are from main Beijing attractions?

Thanks in advance

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which train station Beijing to Dandong

Almost train to northeast China (called Dongbei here) were released from Beijing R. S. You can also take it as Beijing Main, as it is the oldest one of Beijing.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which train station Beijing to Dandong

There are 2 trains (#K27 & #2xxx) from Beijing to Dandong and departure at Beijing Main.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,901 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which train station Beijing to Dandong

Beijing Main is very central, so pick a central hotel and you'll be alright. Due to traffic patterns immediately around the station, I don't think you want to stay right by it if you will be staying in Beijing for a few days beforehand to sightsee. But anything in the general Wangfujing or Chongwenmen Areas (Novotel Xinqiao, for instance) would be convenient to both station and to transport links for city sightseeing. For the train to Dandong, the only one to consider is the K27 which leaves late in the afternoon and arrives fairly early in the morning--enough to get a full day in Dandong. At 13-ish hours, it's a humane distance/time. The other train leaves around noon and takes 21 hours with lots more stops--avoid.

This assumes you are not wanting to stopover in Dalian enroute, in which case the train and follow on plan would change a little bit. I find Dandong to be quite interesting and definitely worth a couple of days.

Eilat, Israel
Level Contributor
17 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which train station Beijing to Dandong

Hello, I would advise you to choose Beijing's Main Train Station for departure. And about the hotels - I would recommend you to check out the 4 stars hotels on Hotel-Seekers. I've used the site before, when I was looking for hotels for my trip in China, so I can recommend them. They really have great prices. (Here's the page with the hotels near the Railway Station: http://www.hotels-seeker.com/Place/Beijing_Railway_Station.htm?=linkli) The hotels located near the Train Station are mainly in Dongcheng District, which is near a lot of main attractions. You can get to the Forbidden City easily and to Tiantin Park (Temple of Heaven). I'd say you're about 20 minutes' walk away from main attractions, or a short Metro ride from all of them. About the airport - it's out of the main area, but you can get there by taxi within around 1 hour or by Metro line A, if I remember correctly. The area you want to stay at is close to many Metro lines, which is good. Good luck with your trip!

5. Re: Which train station Beijing to Dandong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:15