We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
744 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

The location of "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing is great. walking distance to Forbidden City & Tianamen Square, subways. I'd like to find out if I could find other hotels around that area aside from Days Inn. A little better than Days Inn , rooms with windows, clean and helpful/friendly staff.

Thank you for any info.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

Use online maps on this TA website or hotel booking sites, these maps show you all the nearby hotels, click on each hotel icon to go to the web page for that hotel, to check prices and see pictures and reviews. There are several next to this Days Inn which looks awful in pics and reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294212-d672600…

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,698 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

And your budget is?

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
744 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

my budget about $100-145.00/nite

Thank you.

Edited: 08 July 2013, 20:54
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

That is enough for all the hotels from FC to WFJ, There are many far better than Days Inn, even Raffles is somewhere near $160-$180, I have stayed at North Garden, actually pretty good despite of what said in reviews, a big business suite was only $150, next to subway, next door to several big malls, starbucks, MacDonalds, dozens of restaurants and center of all tourists traps and night markets, nonstop empty taxis in front of this hotel, which is rare in that area. 3 stars hotel but 7 stars location, I think cheap rooms are under $100. There are many choices within those 2 blocks, use online map.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

Check these hotels:

Crowne Plaza Beijing (5-star)

Regent Hotel Beijing (5-star)

Sunworld Dynasty Hotel (5-star)

Peninsula Hotel Beijing (5-star)

Sunworld Hotel Beijing(4-star)

They are all in walking distance to the Forbidden City & Tianamen Square.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

Why bother with all these expensive hotels when OP's budget is $100-$145?

Most are not easy "walking distance", nowhere near in comparison to the Days Inn. By the time I walked to FC from most of these hotels I will be exhausted and ready to go back for a shower. Touring-Traveling is about how to use your energy and time for the maximum returns, not on getting there, in this case, the prize is FC, not the walk to FC. If I want a workout, I just stay home to walk on my treadmill.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

what about Novotel Hotel?. I think it is next to the subway. I am also looking for hotels in the same area and budget.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

If I may gently suggest to think outside the box and stay in a hutong instead of big chains. You can do that in other places... In a hutong you will get the best sleep ever, see starry sky at night, well be waken up by the bird singing... Very authentic experience, affordable too... All this in the middle of the town, some within pleasant walking distance to FC...

P

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,010 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

IMHO, location is the most important factor. It should be very close to a major site, with easy front door access to transportation. What good is super nice Hyatt if you cannot get a taxi there? I waited 45 minutes at Hyatt and did not see one taxi. To get to subway, you'll need to walk through the entire shopping center to the other side of the huge bldg., every time and everyday.

One should also adjust how you look at the map, one Beijing block is not the same as a HK or Singapore or NYC block. BJ, SH, GZ maps can fool you, as these are huge cities, what look close may not be. Plus the factor of heat and rain.

After a long day of touring on your feet, the last thing you want is to walk 3KM back to hotel from the subway. Hutong hotels, Novotel or all mentioned are not easy walking by my lazy standard.

In 20+ years of traveling in China, every time I asked a local for direction, they almost always answered with walking direction and always "easy to walk there". That is almost always not true for visitors. 1- They are used to the heat. 2- They will walk a mile to save 2 yuan. 3- They have the time and energy. 4- They can walk, they have the endurance. 5- They know where. When I tour, I never have too much time or too much energy, both are precious and must be spent wisely.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels around "Days Inn Forbidden Beijing City"

Hotel Kapok.

Frankly, though, I don't think trying to place yourself right by the Forbidden City is all that productive, since it tends to not help you when you want to see everything else in the city. And eateries, etc. are more limited. I'd instead stay somewhere on a useful subway line such as Park Plaza Wangfujing, or north area near Drum/Bell Tower such as Bamboo Garden Hotel.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 07:33