We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

Hi, I plan go to Beihai Park after exit from north gate of Forbidden City, what is the walking distance? Taxi from Beihai Park to Hotel near WangFuJIng is reasonable or not? Will the taxi driver charge more(scam)?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

It's about ten minutes at most. Have a look on Google map or similar.

All taxis are metered, shouldn't be any scams. Might be simpler just to get a bus or take the subway.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

The walking distance is about 1.1 kilometers.

You also can take bus No,124 (1 station), get off at "beihai" then walk 400 meters.

I don't the hotel address,but not far from beihai park (4-5 km more or less ),

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

I don't know the hotel address

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

Pointless taking the bus TO the park. You can take trolleybus 111 from the north exit back towards the Wangfujing area or trolleybus 103 from the south exit. Subway is at the north exit. I would suggest going into Jingshan Park after exiting the FC then leaving by the west exit to proceed directly to the east entrance of Beihai Park.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

You should be able to walk easily. It's interesting and not that far. If you are rushed for time, get a taxi. I don't think the bus would be particularly quick. We also stayed in Wangfujing and it's probably about 15 minute walk at most.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,313 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

All your answers are on google map. Hard to say how long it takes as it depends from where exactly in Behai park to where exactly on Wangfujing. To walk the length of Wangfujing is a good 20 minutes at least.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

Some confusion here.

To clarify: Walking from Wangfujing to the Forbidden City south entrance is simple and quick. Walking from FC north exit to Beihai Park is simple and quick. Returning to Wangfujing afterwards is not difficult as there are multiple transport options but walking back to there would take about 45mins.

8. Re: Walking from north gate of Forbidden City to Beihai Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17