We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to buy "used" adult bike?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
328 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
how to buy "used" adult bike?

Are there any used bike sellers near

168 Guang An Men Wai Ave Xi Cheng?

I just want to ride around neighborhood

& to-from Metro-hotel; no gears OK if

district is flat; Is there local Craigslist?

What should I expect to pay?

Then at end of 7 day hotel stay I want

to sell it at half what I buy it...?

I will bring my own lock & chain;

can I park it daily by nearest Metro?

Edited: 25 August 2013, 01:11
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

"Second hand" bike in China is at least 90% likely to be stolen goods, and price can be very low. There are places for people to park bike with guard, in the day time. Bike parked randomly most likely will be stolen. Hopefully your lock is powerful enough, but don't underestimate thieves.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

I guess renting one for such a short period might be a better option. That is also cheap.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,160 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

Just curious to know if ther eare any plans to introduce a "city bike" scheme in BJ such as works veyr well in Hangzhou, Zhuhai (and many European cities)?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

In Bei xin Qiao Subway line 5, when you walk out the subway station southewest, then you walk along the way to the south, first you pass by a bike parking spot, then you will see some bike stores there, outside bike stores, there are many options from old to new,

It is the place, there is one old man will ask you what kinds of bikes you are looking for, the bike there with gears around 300 RMB, some of them can be much cheaper, the bikes there can not provide you invoice.

It is hard to sell it if you don't need it anymore or the price can be very low when you want to sell it.

For me I always park my bike under a monitor, in this way, more than one year, I have not lost my bike.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
328 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

"In Bei xin Qiao Subway line 5"

=====

Thanks for responses! Is this the closest subway station

to Doubletree Hilton 168 Guang An Men Wai Ave Xi Cheng

where I may stay for 7 nights? Is it correct that distance

is about 3km? How much do locals pay for street taxi

to go 3km? Or bicycle taxi? Can I buy 7 day subway pass?

Edited: 25 August 2013, 12:15
Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

I went to this place (south of Beixinqiao station) yesterday and I only found 3 to 4 stores selling bikes and only 1 or 2 stores selling 2nd hand bikes. May I know if this is correct?

Also, because I live near UIBE, do you know of any places there that sells bikes? I only saw 1 store and I would want to have other options. It will be hard to bike from Beixinqiao to my aparment near UIBE.

Thanks!

Edited: 01 September 2013, 15:45
Beijing
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

Bei Xin Qiao Station to the south, it is the place for the insiders to go there to buy, I am surpirsed that people here can know that place.

For in my view, their second bike coming from illegal ways.... more likely they will not sell to big nose..... for no invoice can be given to you there.... I think you need bargin with them. or else it is still not cheap.

the bikes they sell not in the bike store, I don't konw whether you saw there are bikes parking by the road with chains and locked togehter, these are the second bikes..... when you check them, some one will walk to you..... so bikes are facing the stores of bikes. I remember it is nearby the hotel FX Brand.

Now I think go to other fomal bike store, there must be new bikes around the rate 300 RMB.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 16:27
Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

I did saw these bikes that were chained together. OK, I will try to check again sometime. My classes will start soon. Thanks!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

@TravelShooterNYC

"How much do locals pay for street taxi to go 3km? Can I buy 7 day subway pass?"

The price is 13 RMB for 3 km by taxi.

You'd better buy subway pass at Artificial ticket office or use machine.

Using the card or separate subway pass,the price is same,both are 2 rmb.

10. Re: how to buy "used" adult bike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 00:35