We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ctrip tours

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ctrip tours

On a regular basis I see questions about organized tours in and around Beijing.

CTRIP is offering more and more one day trips now a days, next to their multiple days trips. They already did this for some time for Chinese customers (that choice is still much bigger), but now also extending to foreign customers.

It is worth checking out their site, if you are looking for this. I have used it a few times my self (booked by a Chinese friend). No commission shopping, no obliged "follow the guide" thing and no tipping of the guide.

They are also offering airport pick-up and drop-off. Did not check out the conditions.

As with all these tours, if you are with multiple people it might be better to hire a guide yourself.

jakarta
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ctrip tours

I want to review our ctrip tour in May 2014, we family of 3 chose a group no shopping tour, and overall was satisfied with the tour,

Good tour guide although our tour guide was not too much explaining the detail but the tour guide was nice, our trip was the english speaking tour, the tour guide speak excellent english, nice food buffet -western and chinese menu, the van was clean and comfortable, and there were only 8 of us in the tour (initially it was 10 but the 2 could not make it because they were sick) it was small group so it was more comfortable and we could move faster too..

Recommended and reliable tour in china

South Florida...
Level Contributor
488 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ctrip tours

I don't usually do tours, but did do the one-day tour to Dragon's Backbone. Very happy about not doing the shopping stops nor the "follow the flag or umbrella" thing either. I got the chance to meet pretty awesome people with whom I'm still friends with. It was well organized and we had time to roam around by ourselves.

3. Re: Ctrip tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 07:15