We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smog Oct 2013

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Smog Oct 2013

Hi,

May I check on the smog conditions in Beijing?

Read in today's newpapers that Northern BJ, Harbin has severe smog problem, schools n flights etc cancelled.

We are tripping to BJ this weekend and are worried that we may not be able to fly back if the smog worsens in the following 1 week.

How is visibility like? Any news of flight cancellations in and from Beijing?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smog Oct 2013

Quite a few threads on the exact same topic these past few days. Please do a search.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smog Oct 2013

Nobody knows what next week will be like.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smog Oct 2013

You are going to BJ this weekend anyway, does not make any difference if there will be smog or not.

It is slightly chilly in early morning and evening, but that maybe consider as COLD for people from Singapore. Depends on each persons, I saw many locals wearing coats and sweaters, but for me, a polo is just fine.

4. Re: Smog Oct 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:20