My husband is here in Beijing for work temporarily and we're at Haidian. My family is visiting from Dec 29 - Jan 11 but we want to do most of the sight-seeing from Dec 29 to Jan 5 because that's when my husband has a week off. I'm trying to work out an itinerary but I'm a little worried that it'll be really crowded especially on Jan 1 & 2.
Dec 28: Family arrives late at night.
Dec 29 Sunday: Lama Temple, Beihai Park, Houhai by taxi.
Dec 30 Monday: Mutianyu by car.
Dec 31 Tuesday: Forbidden palace, Tiannamen, Jingshan park by taxi
Jan 1 Wednesday: Xian
Jan 2 Thursday: Xian
Jan 3 Friday: Rest
Jan 4 Saturday: Temple of Heaven, Pearl Market by taxi
Jan 5 Sunday: Summer Palace by taxi
1. Will it be very crowded especially at Great Wall and Forbidden City? Should I rearrange my itinerary?
2. We are 4 adults and 1 child (3.5 year old). Can we take 1 taxi or do we need 2 taxis?
3. Does anyone has any driver recommendation to Mutianyu?
4. I'll like to try Peking Duck, dumplings and Haidilao. Are there any outlets near the attractions?
5. I'll like to reduce unnecessary walking if possible since we'll be with my 3.5 year old and my mom can't walk for too long. I'll appreciate any tips to make our visit more efficient.
6. Can a taxi stop right in front of the Forbidden Palace? Is it far to walk to Jingshan Park after that? Otherwise, what's the best way to get a cab after we come out of Forbidden Palace?
7. What's the best way to visit Summer Palace with the least walking? As in, go in from which entrance and which direction to walk to? I doubt we'll walk up the hill to all the pagodas so we just want to cover all the major attractions, if possible.
That's all for now, thanks for reading. Appreciate all the help!