We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

I am planning a business trip to Beijing during the period from 7 February to 16 February, and thought that I would like to do some skiing while in Beijing, as I missed my annual pilgrimage to the Alps this year.

Could anybody advise which of these 3 resorts would be best, bearing in mind that I will be travelling from Beijing, by public transport, and am looking for a 2 day trip (sleeping over the 1 night)?

Thanks in advance.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

As my research, Jundushan ski resort is better, 'cause it is for senior skiers , Nanshan is also good, but too many people there, and you will not like it. Huaibei and Badaling ski resort are for freshmen.

If you need a two day city tour, how about one day wild great wall hiking (simatai, jingshanlling sections), and one day hutong rickshaw or motor cycling side-car experience.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 03:49
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,702 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

I have only skied at Nanshan and, while it is the best around Beijing, it is nowhere near the Alps.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

Thank you Jean-Pierre, I accept that it is not like skiing in Austria, France or Switzerland, I will be in Beijing on business, so thought I would try a resort while I am there.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

Thank you Mercier, that is very helpful advice.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

I have been to Nanshan and other ski resorts before, but nanshan is the best, they are big enough for professionals and small enough for beginers.the hotel and hotspring also nice.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

Thanks Shane!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

I went to Huaibei, there was too many ppl!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,702 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

I should add that even at Nanshan you will ski the same trail all day as there is only one that is not a beginner's run.

9. Re: Ski Resorts: Jundushan v Nanshan v Huaibei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:17