We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Will make a business trip to offices and plant in Beijing early March. Any recommendations on English-Mandarin interpreters/interpreter services? Should have business experience/education. How much to pay for professional and reliable interpreter? Also visiting Shanghai office-plant one day. Thank you.

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

www.synotrip.com/tour-guides…

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Professional interpreters are somewhat of a different ilk and may command fees per hour that are many times more than those a tour guide expects per day.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Seems you have blocked getting private messages. So send me one, and I will send you contact information of the one I always use for business.

An interpreter is totally different from a tour guide. Business English is not the same as just speaking English.

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

beijinginterpreter.jigsy.com

5. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 14:05
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

You should absolutely stick to ones recommended to you. So I would write BePu a message. If you just take someone he/she would probably invest more work in negotiating his(her commission on a possible business than on striking the best deal for you.

7. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 04:05
Edited: 01 July 2014, 04:05
8. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 04:05
9. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 13:35
Edited: 23 July 2014, 13:35
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interpreter (English-Mandarin) for Beijing Business Trip

When I was in Beijing, I used this service called SeekPanda and it was fantastic! Message me if you want more details or you can visit their site.