We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F&E Beijing for 4 days

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
F&E Beijing for 4 days

Hi,

I am in mid 30s' (female) and will be travelling to beijing for 4 days alone.

Any recommendation on a safe and convenient accomodation (wangfujing near subway)?

And what suggestions for the 4 days in beijing?

Will be there from 29th May-2 June and my main concern is also cos I will there during the duanwu festival, will it be super crowded there?

Any day tour agency to recommend?

Hope for all your suggestions, thank you in advance :)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

There must be dozens of hotels in Wangfujing that will fit your budget, you just need to check out the reviews after doing a search by location. No reason to suppose that any are unsafe.

You need to read Things to Do and decide for yourself what places to visit.

Beijing is always crowded. A three-day weekend means it will be more crowded than usual with domestic tourists.

Tour agency? This seems completely at odds with the idea of F&E since you would no longer be able to do things as and when you please.

2. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 13:09
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

Thank you for your recommendation.

Regent Hotel Dengshikou Subway Station (0.2 Km / 3 min walk) is indeed convenient, but price is way out of my budget since i am staying alone. Per night RMB1,015 and yet to inclusive the 15% service charge.

Any other recommendation for below RMB500 per night?

Thank you!

4. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 13:09
5. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 17:05
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

li j - stop advertising. It is not allowed and your posts are being deleted.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,564 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

For places to stay in the location & budget you requested look at:

Citytel Inn: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294212-d123…

Days Inn Forbidden City: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294212-d672…

There are heaps of others. Also look at Sitting On City Walls: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294212-d101… & The Shatan Hotel: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294212-d581… Both of these suit your budget but are slightly out of Wangfujing and not particularly close to the subway but if you speak / read Chinese the buses are numerous.

To give you an idea of the highlights & what to see: tripadvisor.com.au/Guide-g294212-l106-Beijin…

For day tours look on the Things to do section of Beijing: tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g294212-Activ… But places are easy to get to to within Beijing without an organized day tour.

If you want to go to the Mutianyu or Jingshanling Great section of the wall look at the tours run by Downtown Backpackers: http://www.backpackingchina.com/trips.asp They are excellently priced, small numbers & no shopping stops.

Annie

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

Thanks Annie :)

Your assistant come alittle bit too late as I will be taking the 1am flight tomorrow.

Accomodation book, but nothing plan yet.

Guess will just take a steps at a time.

But Downtown Backpackers look good, have already drop them an email and hope they will revert back to me before I fly :)

Nevertheless, thanks for all the information that everyone contribute :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,564 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

You are heaps welcome. The Red Eye from Singapore, I have taken that flight before :-D

The Downtown Backpackers have a very good reputation for their tours. If you get stuck for accommodation you can also stay there, its a very quick walk to the subway. They have excellent location in Nanluoguxiang and I would rather stay in that area than Wangfujing - Nanluoguxiang has so much more of a Beijing lively atmosphere & feel. The "hostel dorm backpacker image" is a bit misleading as they also have private rooms with en suites.

Have fun :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: F&E Beijing for 4 days

The Red Eyes?