We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

We are just back from a fabulous 3 weeks in China. After much TA searching and planning, we had booked Simon as our driver to go to the Mutiyanu Great Wall. We were very happy with our decision. He replied promptly to our emails and picked us up as planned at 7.30am at our hotel. Simon is a good driver and we had a very pleasant drive out to the wall. He was friendly and informative. We spent nearly 3 hours at the wall which was amazing and then we met Simon who waiting for us and he dropped us off at the Summer Palace as arranged. We took the metro back to hotel later when we had finished there. Simon went out of his way to arrange tickets to the Acrobat show for us the following day even though I had asked him at short notice. You can find Simons contact details at http://simon-service.com.

22 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

What were the prices?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

ad. ......

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

I agree that Simon Xaio was excellent. See my other posts re our trip with him to Mutianyu

Beijing
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

good for you~

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

You'll find price guide on the web page under Trips. My post was not an ad but personal opinion which is always helpful when researching on forums.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

We just returned from China on June 18 and we used Simon's services for a trip to the Mutianyu Great Wall and also Summer Palace. He was prompt, polite, had a nice car with great air conditioning and was very helpful with any questions we asked. I thought his prices were very reasonable so we gave him a little more than his original quote. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

We are looking at a tour also, might have to give him an email :)

Thanks, I appreciate these types of responses

London, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

We have also just retuned from a trip to China

and whilst in Beijing also used Simon for 2 days to Mutiyanu, Olympic Park, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. We also found Simon to be pleasant, punctual, helpful and a good driver with good English. He helped us buy wall tickets and acrobatic show tickets and waited for us whilst we were in the show. He also walked with us around the Olympic Park so he could take our photos and also dropped us of at the Pearl market and waited whilst we shopped.

Driving in China and particularly Beijing is crazy - drivers think nothing of constantly changing lanes and cutting each other up and would probably result in road rage here but we felt safe with Simon and out of all the car jouneys we took, including taxis, 6 hotel cars (with 6 different drivers) and a tour in Xian, Simon along with one of the Shanghai hotel drivers was probably the best driver we had.

I have no hesitation in recommending Simon if you need a driver in Beijing.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

We hired Simon Xiao for a day trip to the Great Wall at Jinshanling. He was prompt, courteous, and a good driver. Also, his English is quite good so we had a very pleasant discussion on the lengthy trip to the GW and back. He dropped us off at the east entrance to the GW and was waiting for us when we hiked down to the west entrance. He also had plenty of bottled water to share before and after our hike. Total cost for the day (except entry tickets to the Great Wall) was 1000 RMB, including a 3.5 hour hike on the GW and travel to and from our hotel (total time, 7:30 am-4:30 pm). Simon was the only driver we hired in Beijing, but I would recommend him without hesitation.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent

I am pleased to read that you were happy with Simon

Reply to: Private Driver Simon Xiao - excellent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted